Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar.com forums app is needed.

Due to change in my work schedule... now a first shifter again after two years of weekend 12s I fins myself reading the forums via my phone more than computer. I know there are some folks out there in a similar situation that check into the forums on their phone. Think we might be able to work up an app? A c.com app in general would be superb.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed X 1000
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    This would be great!!! I cant even log into the forms on my dumb/smart phone.
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    +1 I think that would b great
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    +1 I think that would b a great idea
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    macs-smokes:
    Due to change in my work schedule... now a first shifter again after two years of weekend 12s I fins myself reading the forums via my phone more than computer. I know there are some folks out there in a similar situation that check into the forums on their phone. Think we might be able to work up an app? A c.com app in general would be superb.
    What would the app do which your smart phone browser doesn't do? I access the forum via browser all the time. I don't see where I am missing anything.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    macs-smokes:
    What would the app do which your smart phone browser doesn't do? I access the forum via browser all the time. I don't see where I am missing anything.

What kinda dumb phone do you have?
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I use a droid razr... but the app would bypass the searching for it.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I use is my iPhone.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    macs-smokes:

I have a TD Ameritrade account... I could go thru the web browser or I could go to the my App, Login, start trading..... all in under a minute... or I could go thru a web browser and take 20 minutes... I have a Galaxy S3... so speed.... not an issue.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    I have a Motorola Atrix. It has seven screens. First screen right is my cigar screen. It holds my rating app, picture studio, ftp, dojo, robbyras, FairTrade, cbid, anything cigar related. One of these is a bookmark to this forum. One touch on that icon and here I am all logged on and ready to roll. Hard to imagine how you could get quicker than one touch.

But I am open to suggestion.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Here, I have room for more shortcuts on my cigar screen, so I'm going to try this try this:

I open android browser. I go to lounge.cigarfamily.com. I hit the bookmark icon at the upper right. I hit add bookmark. I hit OK. Now I go to my cigar screen. I hold my finger down for two seconds on an empty space. I hit add shortcut. I hit bookmark. I hit cigarfamily. That's done.

Now, any time I hit that the JC Newman forum opens up. Just like any time I hit robbyras his site opens up, or any time I hit c.com this forum opens up. I am now going to log in asking to stay logged. All set. Now any time I hit this one icon one touch, it opens I am logged in. I'll close down and hit the icon now.

Yep. Nothing to it.

That there is max tech, man. Gotta love it. Only thing missing is JDH.

• Options
    webmost:
    ddubridge:
    I have a Motorola Atrix. It has seven screens. First screen right is my cigar screen. It holds my rating app, picture studio, ftp, dojo, robbyras, FairTrade, cbid, anything cigar related. One of these is a bookmark to this forum. One touch on that icon and here I am all logged on and ready to roll. Hard to imagine how you could get quicker than one touch.

No suggestion...just wondering why I am alone on this cant log in thing. Iphone 4 hates me.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I mainly use my phone, but app would be cool! I live the idea.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    webmost:
    ddubridge:

No suggestion...just wondering why I am alone on this cant log in thing. Iphone 4 hates me.
    iPhone? iKnow iDon't have any iDea. i'M not and iHead.

Sent from my candlestick phone with the help of Gladys at the switchboard.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issues I have are sometimes the browser freaks out when typing posts.. this isnt unique to ccom forums though. These forums are actually one of the more "well-behaved" on a phone browser.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Love the idea! An app to access daily deals, the forums, a cigar record keeping type of journal that allows you to take pics of the cigar you're rating. Oh man the excitement!
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jfaciane:
    Love the idea! An app to access daily deals, the forums, a cigar record keeping type of journal that allows you to take pics of the cigar you're rating. Oh man the excitement!
    Oh yes!!! That would be awesome to be able to take pictures straight into the messages without having to do all the extra leg work to link the picture to the post.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    webmost:
    ddubridge:

I use Chrome browser, and have a few tabs always open. One is ccom, the rest are sites I frequent a lot, along with a few articles I intend to read. All I gotta do to pull up ccom is open my browser, and pick which tab I want and reload the web page to get the latest
  • Options
    macs-smokes:
    c.com app in general would be superb.
    Instead of an app, I'd settle for the ability to get a line break without having to type BR all the time :-
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    clearlysuspect:
    jfaciane:
    Oh yes!!! That would be awesome to be able to take pictures straight into the messages without having to do all the extra leg work to link the picture to the post.
    This is all I would want too. Good record keeping with pics, get to the forums quickly and chat about my smoke at the moment and show you guys what I'm smoking. That's it. Other apps have too much clutter IMO.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    macs-smokes:
    Instead of an app, I'd settle for the ability to get a line break without having to type BR all the time :-
    Hear hear, where where, and there there. It is a PITA. Out of all the forums I haunt or have haunted, this is the only one which will not translate input line break into a formatted line break. Alex, listen to me, I am a web geek. This is exactly the kind of thing I do. I volunteer to make your forum format friendly FOR FREE just so I don't have to be plagued with that crap any more. It's just so darn easy to do.

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    xmacro:
    macs-smokes:
    Hear hear, where where, and there there. It is a PITA. Out of all the forums I haunt or have haunted, this is the only one which will not translate input line break into a formatted line break. Alex, listen to me, I am a web geek. This is exactly the kind of thing I do. I volunteer to make your forum format friendly FOR FREE just so I don't have to be plagued with that crap any more. It's just so darn easy to do.

+1
    +1
    +1
    +1

(that took like 5 minutes to type because the darn line breaks)
  • Options
    webmost:
    xmacro:
    macs-smokes:

I think once upon a time Alex commented on it, saying that if they redid the forums to allow that kinda thing, they'd lose all the posts everyone made. At least that's what someone told him. Never made much sense, IMO