Home General Discussion

Any good cigars in this lot?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/for/3685677296.html

Found a nice case that I want.  The cigars would seal the deal.  Do any look like top quality brands?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well in the second pic those are ISOM montecristos and Cohibas .... IF they are real ...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, really no way to tell... the case looks good. And if you get the humidifier too, thats probably a deal. I wouldnt factor cigars in too much, in case they end up being no good for any reason. Although I do not see any reason that they would be bad, there are some wellknown brands there.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Chips2481Chips2481 Posts: 52
    Thanks for the replies.  So if the humidifier is included it is a good deal even if the cigars are so so?  Should I try to lower the price some or just go for it?
    Just looking around quickly, brand new that is a $155-$165 humidifier... let's say used is $80-$100 value. That leaves the case at cigars at $800. Can you go see the case in person/are you picking it up? Id want to check the seal on the door, and for any scratches, dents, water damage.

I only say to not consider the cigars too heavily because: even if they are quality cigars and stored correctly, what are the chances that you and this guy have the same tastes? For 75 random cigars, I wouldnt go over $200-$300 in value. Again, if you can go see them, or get a more detailed list of what he has that would be best.

I have never seriously been in the market for a cabinet like that.... but, conservatively, at t $100 for the humidifier, $250 for sticks, that's $550 for the actual cabinet... if it's in good condition then that seems fair. Definitely go see it or get more pics of the cab. And definitely talk em down ALL you can.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd dicker, see if I could get the price down. But it's probably worth it ifits onthe level.
    Rhamlin:
    I'd dicker, see if I could get the price down. But it's probably worth it ifits onthe level.
    I agree, see if you can knock a couple hundred off. Brand spankin new cabs are $800-$1000+. A haggling point is the 'gars. He cant sell you the cab without including the cigars (where would he put em?) So you may be able to lowball him at least on the cigars.