Home General Discussion
Options

March madness deals

Comments

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    More brand pimping by CCOM to push inventory out the door. Well, it's their business to do with as they please, so I can't criticize. Somewhere out there are a bunch of ignorant newbies excited by these deals and CCOM is raking it in. To the forum guys, on the other hand, the last three days of deals have been indistinguishable from any random daily deal throughout the rest of the year. That's the biggest disappointment to me. That, and the staff coming onto the forum to tell us how "insane" this year's lineup was going to be. Come on guys. Do what you have to do to make money but don't yank our puds.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    More brand pimping by CCOM to push inventory out the door. Well, it's their business to do with as they please, so I can't criticize. Somewhere out there are a bunch of ignorant newbies excited by these deals and CCOM is raking it in. To the forum guys, on the other hand, the last three days of deals have been indistinguishable from any random daily deal throughout the rest of the year. That's the biggest disappointment to me. That, and the staff coming onto the forum to tell us how "insane" this year's lineup was going to be. Come on guys. Do what you have to do to make money but don't yank our puds.
    This year it is renamed "March Sadness"
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    yawn!......the shorty/bueso deal is OK, but I have those already........and it's certainly not "Madness".......

This is what I envision March Madness being:
    1) Premium smokes at "great" prices........(that means prices that are significantly BETTER than I can get typically from big sisters auction site, etc.)
    2) Don't "bundle" RP/Gurkha sticks with Fuentes, My Father's or Padrons...............(don't make my buy a sow's ear to get the silk purse)
    3) If you're pushing Diesels and Buesos and the like.................well, sell them for $2/each.....that's approaching madness
    4) Don't waste our time with yard gars.

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Except for the first day, this has been really disappointing. I hope for CCOM's sake, they're moving a lot of inventory, because judging by the forum's response, they're not.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, you'd think that "March Madness" would mean more than showcasing middle of the road Sprint Sale items. I'm at a loss...
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Exactly, you'd think that "March Madness" would mean more than showcasing middle of the road Sprint Sale items. I'm at a loss...
    Last year's cost me quite a bit. Great deals almost daily. This year - not so much.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i know most of the guys missed it, but apparently the deal the beard threw out on the board over the weekend was WELL worth it.

ask some of the guys who got the BOGO deal and are posting them in the look what i got thread.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I bit on the Hair of the Dog and Concert at $3 per stick... i;m a sucka
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    From what I've heard they're both pretty good sticks. Didn't you review the "Roadie"? I know Trident and Moose gave the HotD a pretty favorable review. I'm considering....
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    yawn!......the shorty/bueso deal is OK, but I have those already........and it's certainly not "Madness".......

This is what I envision March Madness being:
    1) Premium smokes at "great" prices........(that means prices that are significantly BETTER than I can get typically from big sisters auction site, etc.)
    2) Don't "bundle" RP/Gurkha sticks with Fuentes, My Father's or Padrons...............(don't make my buy a sow's ear to get the silk purse)
    3) If you're pushing Diesels and Buesos and the like.................well, sell them for $2/each.....that's approaching madness
    4) Don't waste our time with yard gars.

Perfectly said.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    y2pascoe:
    robbyras:
    From what I've heard they're both pretty good sticks. Didn't you review the "Roadie"? I know Trident and Moose gave the HotD a pretty favorable review. I'm considering....
    I did review the Roadie... and it's a solid stick... i really just wanted the HotD and this was a cheaper route to try them... to me, the Concerts are throw ins
  • Options
    slum_lordeslum_lorde Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I think the AB Black Market & Undercrown deal looks kind of interesting. It seems the Undercrown usually goes for about 27-30 on sale per five pack just by itself. I don't know. It seems, I've been buying too many cigar packs recently without trying them out first. My wallet's kind of numb.

I do have a couple of undercrowns which I bought to try them out, but they haven't been aged properly yet. Oh well.
  • Options
    While the Undercrowns are fairly tasty, the Black Market's are just "meh".

Which all leads to another disappointing March Madness day.

Maybe they should rename it to March Mehness.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    While the Undercrowns are fairly tasty, the Black Market's are just "meh".

Which all leads to another disappointing March Madness day.

Maybe they should rename it to March Mehness.
    I know some people really like the ABBMs, but I'm not one of them. Good price for the combo if you like them both. I've been eying those 601s in various blends to try and it seems like a great price for them, too, but I've never tried them. I would love a 601 sampler to see if they're worth my while.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Acids...
  • Options
    Ahhhh, the Lost City box is calling me.
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    I'd love to think I can buy a box and sit on it for three years. Is the Lost City really that much better than the core Opus line?
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    Steve2010:
    I'd love to think I can buy a box and sit on it for three years. Is the Lost City really that much better than the core Opus line?
    I've smoked quite a few and I think it's almost the same as the basic Opus. I really like them. A few friends of mine that are Opus aficionado's say that it's just a smidgen less spicy, but I know it's not enough for me to notice.
    I DO know that you won't find ANY of the Opus lineup at Casa Fuente for sub $20 a stick, to include the Casa Fuente House Blends.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    What really makes a $20 cigar, a $20 cigar? Is it the taste? The name?
  • Options
    asianbiker8:
    What really makes a $20 cigar, a $20 cigar? Is it the taste? The name?
    Name, taste, construction, "limited" availability (supply vs demand)...and of course, hype.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    EXTREMELY tempting..
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    scarlin:
    EXTREMELY tempting..
    I'll bite.
  • Options
    crazystixcrazystix Posts: 25
    Between Alex's sampler deal yesterday, Tim's V deal, the Weekend Blitz, and today's Lost City deal, my wallet is starting to take a pretty good hit. Happy as a pig in slop, though.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Wait, what V deal? If you're taking Oliva, please pm me!
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Wait, what V deal? If you're taking Oliva, please pm me!

Can I get a pm about the V lancero deal as well?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Opus X Lost City for high end and MOW PA for another good smoke at the value end. I'm certainly priced out of the Opus X right now, as tasty as they look.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Just sealed my deal with a Opus X lost city box. It is difficult to beat the price. I'm surprised the deal has been there all day long.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Just sealed my deal with a Opus X lost city box. It is difficult to beat the price. I'm surprised the deal has been there all day long.
    I've been going back and forth on this today...hmmm.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I hope you sealed the deal already. It's gone now. I wanted to get a second box...sign.
    jliu:
    rzaman:
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    I hope you sealed the deal already. It's gone now. I wanted to get a second box...sign.
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    yea I actually did get a box. I was down to the wire haha. One box is enough for me to visit and age. I want to save up for PGRs