Home Cigar 101
Options

Candela Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Well the Viaje Shamrock that you sent me Brett, was my first candela and I absolutely loved it. I am really rough on wrappers bc I chew them while I smoke. This thing held up great and the flavor was nothing like what I expected. I was expecting a lot of grass and straw flavors but I actually thought I got lavender and rosemary out of it. I am no expert on picking out flavors by any stretch, but this was something totally new to me. Thank you sooooo much for giving me that opportunity Bro!!!!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it so well and got something really special out of it brother! And yeah candelas are way interesting and unique and to me they never seem like they should taste how they look but that is one o te things I like about them :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Thanks Irish, I know I kinda intiated this and I appreciate your follow through. I'm always looking to learn anythign I can about cigars and you stepped up and provided more.

My local shop pretty much always has the 8-5-8 candela in stock if you're ever looking ... the 8-5-8 line in general does very well for him.

Side note the 8-5-8 maduro was my first real cigar, hang on while I wipe away the tear ...
    Thanks a ton for the kind words and no problem about strain the thread. I love to read an learn more myself so I completely understand that brother :) As for the 8-5-8 Candela I would LOVE to revisit those, I'm tapped out at the moment with the buying spree that my wife let me go on and need to stop for a while now lol, but in a month or so I will definitely take you up on that and have you pick a few up for me and I will send you the funds for it. Thanks man!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like an interesting stick, Matt! I didn't know Viaje ever made a Candela.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    That sounds like an interesting stick, Matt! I didn't know Viaje ever made a Candela.
    It's the WLP standing for White Label Project that is released yearly normally right around St. Paddy's day and often times referred to as Shamrock. Last years wasn't a Candela though I don't believe. The first years was and this years was as well. I've got one of the first ear, last year but don't have any of this years would definitely like to locate one or two though if someone knows.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, ok Ive had one of the wlp's. I had the "stuffed turkey" i guess fall release. Pretty good, quite strong!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    It's the WLP standing for White Label Project that is released yearly normally right around St. Paddy's day and often times referred to as Shamrock. Last years wasn't a Candela though I don't believe. The first years was and this years was as well. I've got one of the first ear, last year but don't have any of this years would definitely like to locate one or two though if someone knows.
    I saw these somewhere on the World Wide Web not too long ago....maybe it was an email.
    I can't remember .... but I'll look through the electronic archives this weekend and send you a PM if I find the lead.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    I saw these somewhere on the World Wide Web not too long ago....maybe it was an email.
    I can't remember .... but I'll look through the electronic archives this weekend and send you a PM if I find the lead.
    When's Candela time boys?
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for starting this thread Brett. Very good info on the candela cigars...
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    When's Candela time boys?
    Had one yesterday .... More news on that tomorrow.

Also, no luck yet but still searching for you Brett.

• Options
    jgibv:
    Review coming soon in "Ratings and Reviews" section
    jgibv:
    Found the email but it's a few weeks old and the WLP Candelas are now shown as out of stock.
    It won't let me send you a PM ....

• Options
    jgibv:
    jgibv:
    Review coming soon in "Ratings and Reviews" section
    jgibv:
    Found the email but it's a few weeks old and the WLP Candelas are now shown as out of stock.
    It won't let me send you a PM ....
    John thanks for looking brother and really appreciate the extra effort and kindness, also really really dig the candela review thread, I will post one in there in a short time as soon as I can sneak in my next review :) PM to you bro
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Thanks for starting this thread Brett. Very good info on the candela cigars...
    Hey Eric TERRIFIC to see you brother hope you are doing better man, missed ya like crazy bro! And no problem on the thread, hit me up I'd love to catch up man :)
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Well the Viaje Shamrock that you sent me Brett, was my first candela and I absolutely loved it. I am really rough on wrappers bc I chew them while I smoke. This thing held up great and the flavor was nothing like what I expected. I was expecting a lot of grass and straw flavors but I actually thought I got lavender and rosemary out of it. I am no expert on picking out flavors by any stretch, but this was something totally new to me. Thank you sooooo much for giving me that opportunity Bro!!!!

That's what I got out of my first Shamrock, Matt. On top of the floral flavors I was also getting a spicy/peppery bite in the back of my throat. Really bizarre, but incredibly tasty, combination.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:

Try sending Trident a PM. The B&M he goes to has a pantload of Viaje stuff.