Home General Discussion
Options

Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-der

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
My name is Nate and I'm OCC when it comes to my cigars

(hi nate)

I am "Quirky" when it comes to my smoking and stashing and buying habits.

I have to buy a cigar, almost always, in an even number (at least 2 if not 4 when buying at a B&M) or only if the samplers only have 1 I have to buy two of them to make it a pair.

When Smoking the large part of what I smoke depends on one main reason... If I have another one in the Humi. IF I have 5 of something, I will enjoy the heck out of it, 4- No problem, 3 little shaky, 2 I barely touch for if I DO smoke them then I will only have 1 left, and 1 oh boy... I can't pull myself to do it!!! IF I smoke the last one, then I won't have that flavor anymore... what if they discontinue it? What if the stick doesn't smoke well? What if I like it so much, but then if I buy fresh it will be 9-12 months before I can enjoy it after some resting???

And my Humi... I open it up daily just to check on my "Rh".... but really it's just to smell them, and "face" them (grocery store term) so all the cigars are exactly flush with each other...

There.... I feel better

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hi Nate
    My name is Kas... ( hi kas !) I believe you are my brother.. except I always buy things in odd numbers. Your smoking habits describe me exactly. There are at least thirty cigars in my humidor I can't smoke because they are the last one. I check my humidors at least three time a day, and rotate them once a week. When I get low on my favorites(5) I must reorder for fear of some catastrophic event which will make all the Nordings, or Bauzas, or Opus, or La Aurora 1495/1994s impossible to get... oh wait a minute...There are no more 1495/1994s !!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hi Guys

my name is Gene ...(Hi Gene !) I believe you guys are both my brothers !!! Group hug and lets all have a Miller Lite my treat ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hi guys, I'm Joe.

I don't have any of the weird compulsion you all do. :) In fact, I don't even smoke cigars, I just buy them and encase them in Lucite to place on a shelf display. I look at them each day, stroke the casing, dust them at least 5 times a day. Yeah, but nothing strange like you guys.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm Greg and I'm a cigaraholic. It's been 3 hours since I bought a box of cigars, I relapsed on a box of Rocky Patel Decade torpedos, 4 CAO Italia novella's and a couple Oliva Serie V torps. Unless I get help, I'll be buying a couple more boxes Monday as well....Oh well, I'll just go to the sexaholics meeting across the street and "counsel" the relapsers...

I understand about the running out thing/fear/obsession. That's why I buy boxes. But then, just the opposite happens...I think: "damn, if I smoke all these I'll have to go out and buy another box, What if thery're out, what if they stop making this blend, or maybe the new ones will just suck"

I guess it's bad either way, but at least it takes me longer to run out.... (Cue evil laugh) -- Muahahahaha!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Hi, I'm Greg and I'm a cigaraholic. It's been 3 hours since I bought a box of cigars, I relapsed on a box of Rocky Patel Decade torpedos, 4 CAO Italia novella's and a couple Oliva Serie V torps. Unless I get help, I'll be buying a couple more boxes Monday as well....Oh well, I'll just go to the sexaholics meeting across the street and "counsel" the relapsers...

I understand about the running out thing/fear/obsession. That's why I buy boxes. But then, just the opposite happens...I think: "damn, if I smoke all these I'll have to go out and buy another box, What if thery're out, what if they stop making this blend, or maybe the new ones will just suck"

I guess it's bad either way, but at least it takes me longer to run out.... (Cue evil laugh) -- Muahahahaha!

Hey Greg hows the new humidor filling up with all those boxes !?!? Is/are there plans for a second homemade humi ? I hesitate to use the term 'homemade' ...I think the term 'handmade' more accuratly describes the great job and produces a better vision of your creation ...
  • Options
    I built the humidor because I just could not stand the thought of running out, I figured it would have ample space...lol...It's filling up nicely, the box storage is really nice!

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/3/64212/ShowThread.aspx#64212

You can see a few of them if you scroll up a bit... Me? OCD? NEVER!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    I built the humidor because I just could not stand the thought of running out, I figured it would have ample space...lol...It's filling up nicely, the box storage is really nice!

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/3/64212/ShowThread.aspx#64212

You can see a few of them if you scroll up a bit... Me? OCD? NEVER!
    Damn You Cabinetmaker!!!! Since rejoining the thread I've purchased a box of Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve and just now bought a Box of Monte Cristo Media Noche Edmundo!!! You are rubbing off on me!!!! STOP!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Hi Guys

my name is Gene ...(Hi Gene !) I believe you guys are both my brothers !!! Group hug and lets all have a Miller Lite my treat ...
    I like your style...

Psychological disorders and beer... It's like a family reunion!!!
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    Also an addict! I'm gonna have to clip my card...although they have it on file, so I could still buy...I can't quit this hobby! I just bought the maduro weekend blitz, and I figured...well, 65 bucks more and I get 5 verdadero's free! So I threw in the cuban heritage sampler and 2 brazilian label torps...then at checkout they offered me another 6 miami knuckles, so I figured "what the hell" and threw those in too! I have a problem...albeit a tasty one...
  • Options
    nsezell:
    Also an addict! I'm gonna have to clip my card...although they have it on file, so I could still buy...I can't quit this hobby! I just bought the maduro weekend blitz, and I figured...well, 65 bucks more and I get 5 verdadero's free! So I threw in the cuban heritage sampler and 2 brazilian label torps...then at checkout they offered me another 6 miami knuckles, so I figured "what the hell" and threw those in too! I have a problem...albeit a tasty one...
    I also have a problem where I upsell myself... I think
    "Gee... a 5-pack of that cigar would be friggin' awesome
    but then I do the math in my head about what four 5pack would be compared to a box... then I upsell myself to the box and then at the checkout I'm all like...
    Wait... I've never even smoked this cigar before!!! Why am I buying a BOX???

I hope there is a smoke filled group therapy somewhere in Wisconin.........
  • Options
    bigj51bigj51 Posts: 52
    I feel so at home in this thread
  • Options
    Okay..today I broke from tradition and smoked my only CAO Mx2..And now I am regretting it. I really liked this one, and now to allay this feeling of remorse, I have to buy more of these. I need a Daily Deal here !!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys are all freaks.

im gunna go smoke the last of something right now. lets see if i can find a discontinued stick in there. im sure i have one. maybe that cusano reserva familiar perfecto i have in my humidor. The Cusano Estate Reserve was a reportedly a very limited blend with only 500 boxes being produced each month in the Dominican Republic, though, I dont think they even make them anymore. Ive only seen one in my life and its in my humidor.

I think i may also have a cusano corojo 96
    you read that right. vintage 96. THAT is a rare cigar.

iduno... i could smoke that opusx **** that has over 3 years on it. or a Hemingway maduro... dont see those that often.

cigars are meant to be enjoyed.

no use in owning a corvette if you dont take it out of the garage.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    ...no use in owning a corvette if you dont take it out of the garage.

Well, what if the only time you took it out of the garage, someone stole it... That's more like it. One chance to enjoy it, you better make it count.
  • Options
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I smoke everything I have even if it's the last one; BUT if I like it, I buy more... I just smoked my last GoF by Carlito last nite and really enjoyed it. I'll be getting more of them in the near future. Thankfully God blessed me with the ability to earn enough to satisfy my obsession with cigars.

Nothing like the UPS guy showing up with a Cigar.com box stuffed with boxes and bags.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    you guys are all freaks.

im gunna go smoke the last of something right now. lets see if i can find a discontinued stick in there. im sure i have one. maybe that cusano reserva familiar perfecto i have in my humidor. The Cusano Estate Reserve was a reportedly a very limited blend with only 500 boxes being produced each month in the Dominican Republic, though, I dont think they even make them anymore. Ive only seen one in my life and its in my humidor.

iduno... i could smoke that opusx **** that has over 3 years on it. or a Hemingway maduro... dont see those that often.

Hail, Shopping Carts, Bird Shhit... 'nuff said. I'll just be revving in the garage if you don't mind
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    you guys are all freaks.

Hail, Shopping Carts, Bird Shhit... 'nuff said. I'll just be revving in the garage if you don't mind

Revving in the garage Lassie while enjoying a MGD ...hard to get a DWI while in there ...I think your on to something ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    you guys are all freaks.

Revving in the garage Lassie while enjoying a MGD ...hard to get a DWI while in there ...I think your on to something ...
    Quote:
    "In this cigar it started out cedary with notes of rich leather, then about a 1/3rd of the way I picked up on some diesel and nitrous oxide... Not used to this in a cigar but it was welcomed

2/3rd of cigar the spiciness has made me extremely light headed, I'd say this cigar is Full-bodied and a petroleum finish
    Last Third... This guy is rocking my head and stomach... the smoke is thick and acrid and lingers in the air... All the flavors don't change, they *Cough* intensify... I would like to note that the *Cough Cough* wrapper is a .... little.... *Cough* veiny... *Hack* *Cough*......................................................................
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    what if they stop making this blend, or maybe the new ones will just suck...
    Oh man, that never even occurred to me. Until now. Crap.