Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Going to look at a house tomorrow.

2»

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    thats a nice looking place, i did notice in the 11th and 12th pictures that it looked like the concrete had some water marks up near the corner of the house, is the pad graded away from the building at all? it could cause some issues if it isn't. I wish i could find as nice of a place where ive been looking (here in ga and kissimmee fl areas) for that kinda price.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice guys. The place it a pretty cool place but just needs far too much work. Really just a new roof and cielings in some rooms. I do really like the place but the amount of work it really needs I just can't afford or have the time for.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Andy, just read thru all this and was gonna tell you to make sure to visit after a rain to look for any obvious leaks. The good thing about fixer uppers is that you can take your time on them and work on one room at a time. Don't know the market, but seems like youre gonna be hard pressed to find anything in that price range that doesnt have some work to be done. Regardless, good luck on your search and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Well guys I found a second place that I looked at last weekend and I just got my offer accepted today!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Well guys I found a second place that I looked at last weekend and I just got my offer accepted today!
    WOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOO! So happy for you Andy! Now you can spend all your time feeling like there isn't enough time to do what you want! LOL
  • Options
    well I got lucky really all I have to do is turn the sand pad in the back yard from where the pool use to be to a brick patio. Other than that the kitchen and everything else is brand new!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Congrats Andy!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Congratulations. Get on the 15 year plan, not the 30.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    well I got lucky really all I have to do is turn the sand pad in the back yard from where the pool use to be to a brick patio. Other than that the kitchen and everything else is brand new!
    great news man, hope everything else goes smoothly.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Congratulations on the house... and just put a volleyball net over the sand... sand volleyball, beer, and cigars... nice combination.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Congratulations and enjoy it!!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Andy. Some of us appreciate a man cave within a house. My guess, your house will be one big man cave! Have fun!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Hope it all goes smoothly
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Congratulations.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain