Home General Discussion

That's the big March Madness finale?

HAHAHA. Oh guys, you are killing me. I'm so glad I'm not an east coast guy. It's like cigarmonster in here! Thank god Alex has stepped up and offered to save the day for the forum guys. I am just baffled.

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Baffled indeed
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the black market and undercrown will speak to a ton of people.
  • March Madness doesn't end until Sunday, March 31st at 11:59pm.
  • mrmageemrmagee Posts: 3
    Yeah, I saw that one. It's a decent deal. The Undercrown can be had 5 for 25 basically all the time if you shop around.

That gives you BM, 5 for 2ea, if you assume you're paying regular price for the UC.

That makes it a "decent" deal, but not exactly madness.

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Please keep in mind that it is difficult to please everyone. While I know Acid is not a particularly popular cigar on the forum, it is a top 3 selling long filler in the country. While I cant say all the deals this week have appealed to me personallly, I have to say there are some solid deals in here. The BM and Undercrown deal is very solid and if you are an Acid smoker, that is the deal of the century. Just my 2 cents. That said, I am busy crafting a special sampler for your guys. Hope to have something up next week.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Please keep in mind that it is difficult to please everyone. While I know Acid is not a particularly popular cigar on the forum, it is a top 3 selling long filler in the country. While I cant say all the deals this week have appealed to me personallly, I have to say there are some solid deals in here. The BM and Undercrown deal is very solid and if you are an Acid smoker, that is the deal of the century. Just my 2 cents. That said, I am busy crafting a special sampler for your guys. Hope to have something up next week.

I appreciate your attentive responses. I think the deals are good, sometimes great, but not for me. Except that early email deal and maybe one that I missed while traveling. I look forward to seeing what this special sampler is. I think it's awesome you're doing something for us picky types on the forums.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Absolutely, Alex. Actually, I think the Acid deal is probably the best deal that has been put up all week -- I'm just not an Acid smoker. :)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the black market and undercrown will speak to a ton of people.
    +1

(I'll admit that I'm thinking about it)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    totally agree......being a newb that didn't see last years March Madness deals i have been tempted by several of these. I just haven't pulled the trigger because i am still in sampler mode trying to figure out what i like and what i don't.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I don't think you'll find 601 Green's cheaper. Anywhere.
    Damn fine smoke.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    You did a fine job sir !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Cheaper, maybe not. But the same price (or within a dollar or two), you can find it almost all the time.

It's a decent deal, but this is March "Madness", not March "Decentness". :)
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    brianetz1:
    Alex Svenson:
    totally agree......being a newb that didn't see last years March Madness deals i have been tempted by several of these. I just haven't pulled the trigger because i am still in sampler mode trying to figure out what i like and what i don't.
    Well then hop on the March Madness forum sampler Alex just posted. Awesome selection and deal.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    brianetz1:
    Alex Svenson:
    Well then hop on the March Madness forum sampler Alex just posted. Awesome selection and deal.
    I know i am going to regret it, but i don't think i have $80 laying around for a sampler right now. I think the wife would kill me if i bought that.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Alex Svenson:

I appreciate your attentive responses. I think the deals are good, sometimes great, but not for me. Except that early email deal and maybe one that I missed while traveling. I look forward to seeing what this special sampler is. I think it's awesome you're doing something for us picky types on the forums.
    +1, and thanks!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been some awesome deals. I know I'd have jumped on a few if my wife wouldn't kill me. One of these days I'm gonna have to try that acid sampler. Never had an infused cigar except for one whiskey infused and I really liked the sweetness the whiskey brought to it. And that opulence 3 just looks awesome.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Rhamlin:
    There's been some awesome deals. I know I'd have jumped on a few if my wife wouldn't kill me. One of these days I'm gonna have to try that acid sampler. Never had an infused cigar except for one whiskey infused and I really liked the sweetness the whiskey brought to it. And that opulence 3 just looks awesome.
    Personal experience: It reminded me of when I got my mouth was out with a bar of soap about 40 years ago.
    I enjoy a Java or Tabac Especial every now and then though.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    brianetz1:
    I know i am going to regret it, but i don't think i have $80 laying around for a sampler right now. I think the wife would kill me if i bought that.

I'm in a similar boat, but I still couldn't pass that up. Samplers are great starting points and I've gone through quite a few, but now all I see in samplers are 50% decent cigars that I'm interested in and the rest filler that will just sit in my humi. There is only one or two in that sampler that I'm not seriously interested in so I had to jump. To make matters worse I had to hit the Beard up for his deal on V lanceros.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:

For a newbie like me these deals have been pretty great, get a chance to stock the humi a little and try some of the popular items at pretty decent discount. Love how responsive you and your staff are!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    10 5 Vegas A for $20 with free shipping. That is the steal of the week.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I am all over that one! I ordered 2 of em. One of my fav lines
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • crazystixcrazystix Posts: 25
    Alex Svenson:

You talked me into it.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I just read this, right after ordering, couldn't resist that deal.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Alex Svenson:
    crap! I meant to get on that but I got side tracked and forgot.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Wish I liked the A, that is a great deal. Would be awesome to see the AAA in that cool figurado.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    Alex Svenson:
    Wish I liked the A, that is a great deal. Would be awesome to see the AAA in that cool figurado.
    no doubt!
    Steve2010:
    Rhamlin:
    Personal experience: It reminded me of when I got my mouth was out with a bar of soap about 40 years ago.
    I enjoy a Java or Tabac Especial every now and then though.
    that don't sound good at all