Home Non Cigar Related

I'm gone for a year or so and..

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
So many have left.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...sure seems that way!!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I missed most or all of it, but from what I can gather, it was pretty much all drama and jerkoff newbies who changed the tone of the forum so much the vets up and left
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    I missed most or all of it, but from what I can gather, it was pretty much all drama and jerkoff newbies who changed the tone of the forum so much the vets up and left
    +1.....not the same place it had been. Macro and I still threaten to kill each other as in the past, but it just doesnt seem to be as fun as it once was. Not trying to get into the vet vs newbie thing again but its kind like when youve worked hard to establish something and some realtionships and some new punks try to take over the club and run it their way----which is really without any vision at all. Just my take on it anyway, but hey---a site with a million people who try to one up each others bombs constantly as a means to self serve is better than no site at all I suppose.......mini rant over.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Pretty much sums it up for me. I keep in contact with Jiunn, Isaac, Ozzie, Glen, Rick, Greg, and Kuzi on facebook mostly
    But yeah, Greg. Good to see you on here. I'm never on anymore but it's good to see you and Nylpha doing well and living the fam life
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had a lot of great new guys come on board tho, BigShiz, RobGreen ETC.... This is just my 2 cents but the people who left didnt try to solve the problems they just quit. I feel people who want to leave will find a reason and leave anyhow. Most of those who did quit never asked or posted to what or who the problem was. To me it was a "I dont like this. I am taking my toys and going home". But most of the people who did leave found other forums to hang out with like minded people with no drama. You really do have to appreciate that.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Truth man. Many of the people that helped me out when I first started are way gone.
    Oh, and I keep in contact with Capt. Hatred Hannibal quite a bit. But yeah, lot's of dudes bailed out of here.
    Nice to see you here Dennis
    Some great new guys Vision, sure. But gotta disagree about alot of the older ones, but being a **** here but I think Steve, Dennis, Tony, Myself, ect. are talking about guys who were here for 2-3 yrs before you showed up man. They were good guys too------we fought like hell at times, but had a good time doing it without much drama at all in truth.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Some great new guys Vision, sure. But gotta disagree about alot of the older ones, but being a **** here but I think Steve, Dennis, Tony, Myself, ect. are talking about guys who were here for 2-3 yrs before you showed up man. They were good guys too------we fought like hell at times, but had a good time doing it without much drama at all in truth.

I just think growing pains come with growth and expansion. Everything will even out again.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Yup, sadly there have been a few waves of vets leaving over 'stuff', so it is often hard when some of the newer guys (a year of 2..or less) who now consider themselves 'vets', refer to the new 'newbies' and 'vets' leaving...it all becomes a tad confuzing to know exactly whom they are referring to. (I really love diggin around old threads...as it does remind me of some of the 'vets' from when i finally joined in 2010 after lurkin for a year or so.) At the end of the day, it ultimately doesnt matter as it is a choice, however i would argue that it does matter the reasons people left!

To be perfectly honest, the prolific use of the term 'newbie' and 'vet' is, IMHO, unnecessary and very unclear...esp. to the 'newbies.' As the terms are used to describe oneself, others...and ultimately, there are no common understanding of what ultimately defines each. AND, ultimately who cares? Which brings me back to your original post Greg about being gone for a year...and things change. Welcome back! Realize it isnt the same place absolutely, not necessarily better nor worse overall, just very different. There are things that now happen that are very unnecessary, school-yard bully stuff, self appointed 'sherriffs', etc. unlike the 'old days' where anyone can and did 'say what needed to be said' if someone stepped over that 'line' of acceptable behaviour...AND there are some amazing totally generous offering to the brothers here, like in days gone by. Again, not better, nor worse...just a different sense of what is 'normal' behaviour now.

So, stick around again, if life allows Greg....see if things work for you, and that you find this place enjoyable again and worthy of your time. Very little in life remains the same...especially this place. However, in closing....i do believe that the CORE of this place remains as solid as it has been in my experiences here. ~Each to their own though ~
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    xmacro:
    Pretty much sums it up for me. I keep in contact with Jiunn, Isaac, Ozzie, Glen, Rick, Greg, and Kuzi on facebook mostly
    Removed, wrong time and place for that and just bad judgment in general. Sorry guys, it's not my best day.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Edit
    laker1963:
    Ken Light:
    dennisking:
    xmacro:
    No need to Facebook, man, they're all at UHF. What, you didn't get the invite either?
    That's not fair at all Ken. If you want to go to UHF you and anyone else can do so without any invite. I have been a member there for a while now but still hardly post there. It is not an invitation only site.
    Removed as well. Laker, I'd appreciate it if you did the same. This was all a bad decision.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it does feel more and more like an online forum and less and less like a smoke shop.

the atmosphere is not what it used to be. its a good forum, but it isnt the community it used to be.

most of this is hinted at above, but it all comes down to people being people. we divide ourselves up to groups and the "vet" and "noob" feeling does come out way more than it used to.

that kind of bothers me because the atmosphere used to be that we are all perpetual new guys. we all have a lot to learn. we can help each other do that.

im still not going anywhere. i want to help people understand cigars and i want to understand them more myself. as i said, this is the best forum out there. i still have a lot of love for ccom, but like many humans do, i dream of "how things used to be" even though the future has a ton of potential.

forums wax and wane. its life. if you dont like the forum now, wait a while. there is a good chance it will change.
    laker1963:
    Edit
    Thanks, I do appreciate it.