Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

funnest words

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Funnest words in the English language are "Out for Delivery"

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Uh oh, some ones about to get jacked up!
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    That or In-Stock
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got three boxes out for delivery in one day! That's fun!

One item OFD is a windshield I took off off a Honda 919 five years ago. I think it was the last bike I flipped before the crash. Here's an odd story:

See, before the perpetual economic whirlie that started four years ago (see recovery.gov) I used to score one or two wrecked or too long parked bikes every Winter, just to have some wrenching to do over the Winter, and then I would flip them next Spring. Haven't done that for years now because there's too many desperate sellers still out there, just lost their job last week and desperate to sell, driving used bike prices down. Anyway, last pair of bikes I flipped was a leaky BMW R1100R and a wrecked Honda 919, both from the same old guy. Sold me the pair from his hospital bed in traction after the wreck. I fixed it up, rode it, and sold it to a young pilot. Too fast for me; just right for him. During the riding it phase, I naturally took off the windshield. Way I look at it, bikes are sposed to be windy, duh. If you don't like wind, take the Durango. Anyways, so I've had this windshield hanging on my garage wall ever since, beside another one I took off I forget what.

Now, there are half a dozen free motorcycle classified sites on the net. And the funny thing is, they re-cycle their old ads to make themselves look busy. So I keep getting phone calls for the same TransAlp I sold like eight years ago, or the GoldWing I sold like ten ago. The other day, I get a call from a guy in Kali who saw the ad for the 919 which I sold 4 1/2 years ago. He likes the windshield. Wants to know who made it. I say I still have it, how bout I'll shoot it to you. So I mail it off. Takes just two days to get from here in DullAware to Bell Gardens CA. He lives in Norwalk. Takes three days to get from Bell Gardens to Norwalk OFD. What is that, like ten miles? How do you get 2200 miles in 2 days and ten miles in three? Jeepers. That's some traffic jam, innit?

OFD today.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)