Home General Discussion
Options

Cain vs other strong cigars

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Am I right in thinking Cain is supposed to be a strong cigar?   Had my first one tonight after a nice grilled porterhouse steak and it certainly was not one of the stronger cigars I've had.   I enjoyed it.   A good burst of black pepper early and then a nice strong smoke but nothing that had my knees buckling.

How does this stick rank among the heavy hitters and what cigars would you recommend for stronger sticks. 

I really like the big hitters after good meals and Camacho Corojo is one of my favorites in this regard.   Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Was just going to say Camacho Corojo or Camacho Corojo Ltd. haha. Nothing really has ever hit me as hard as those.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Back when the Cain was first released, it was one of the more powerful smokes. Now, I'd stick it firmly in the Medium-full category.
    If you want a full-blown juggernaut, I'd recommend the JdN Antano Dark Corojo. Plenty of strength, yet complex enough to keep it interesting.
  • Options
    Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    Steve2010:
    Back when the Cain was first released, it was one of the more powerful smokes. Now, I'd stick it firmly in the Medium-full category.
    If you want a full-blown juggernaut, I'd recommend the JdN Antano Dark Corojo. Plenty of strength, yet complex enough to keep it interesting.
    I agree. That is quite a potent smoke. Definitely need to have something on your stomach :).
  • Options
    insomnniapb:
    Was just going to say Camacho Corojo or Camacho Corojo Ltd. haha. Nothing really has ever hit me as hard as those.

I've got ten of the LTD resting in a sealed plastic baggy with water pillows...almost broke into it today but am waiting for a month of so until I can get my humidor to hold at 65-70 once again.....real dry in the winter here and today it was still about 5 degree windchill
  • Options
    Steve2010:

Thanks for the suggestion....I've enjoyed the original JDN many times before but never tried that one...looks reasonably priced too...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the LFD double ligero maduro is a strong well blended cigar. back when i was in the mindset of "the stronger the better" that was my go to cigar.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I agree that comparatively, the regular Cain line is more of a medium-full. The Cain F is more firmly in the full category if you want to give that one a try. The lancero vitola is amazing in the Cain F, but hard to find.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    I agree that comparatively, the regular Cain line is more of a medium-full. The Cain F is more firmly in the full category if you want to give that one a try. The lancero vitola is amazing in the Cain F, but hard to find.
    Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. Depends on which Cain you were talking about. I'd definitely agree the F stands for FULL!!!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked a ton of full bodied sticks. I've only thrown up once. Cain Maduro right after sushi. Sushi is not the food to smoke a full bodied stick after. Felt like crap after smoking a OSOK after sushi in Vegas but didn't hurl. Sushi + full bodied = vomit.
    side note.. I've always thought the Cain F and Habano are decent sticks. Never liked the Daytona though.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I tried a Cain Daytona once--came with a sampler. One of the most overrated cigars I've ever smoked. If full-bodied means full of newspaper and leftover charcoal, then I suppose that's accurate.
  • Options
    bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    A surprise full bodied cigar would be the Nica Libre Potencia. Old guy I herf with, former running back called Bear. He can drink you under the table and like full cigars. Made him choke. He still finished it though.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluezulu:
    A surprise full bodied cigar would be the Nica Libre Potencia. Old guy I herf with, former running back called Bear. He can drink you under the table and like full cigars. Made him choke. He still finished it though.
    yeah that was one of the more potent cigars I've had. Though I haven't had one in a long while.