Home Non Cigar Related
Options

DHS responds to ammo buying spree

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
For those who are curious about it, DHS has published where the ammo they bought is going

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=9cde768f-bb3a-4fd9-8176-1745c21519c2

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't buy it. Enough ammunition to wage a 24 year war in Iraq and to kill every man woman and child in this country 5 times.

I am speaking from experience here. Hollow Point bullets are against the Geneva Convention and cannot be used outside of the USA. There is no military use period. Law Enforcement does not use hollow points to train with. It is not cost effective. 3 to 4 times the cost of a full metal jacket.

Would like to see the reasoning behind the purchase of 2717 MRAB vehicles. Vehicles of war. "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - BHO
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Obviously getting for a Red Dawn scenario! It's strange, for sure.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - BHO
    You know, we probably could rely on our military, IF we brought them HOME! Sheesh!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    jsnake:
    "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - BHO
    You know, we probably could rely on our military, IF we brought them HOME! Sheesh!
    Now that's funny, right there.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)