Home Cigar 101

Cedar trays

Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
Anyone know of a place/person that can build custom sized trays? I bought a wine cooler and the dimensions the manufacturer quoted me were incorrect, and now the trays that I was going to use will not work. I've got zero woodworking skills, so I am trying to see what my options are before I return this thing.

Comments

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    You could simply measure it yourself so you know that the dimensions are correct.
    I'm sure any carpenter would make the trays for a fair price (of course, I don't think they generally have Spanish cedar stocked).

You could also simply go to your B&M or call CCOM and they will probably sell you some Spanish cedar boxes (probably free if you buy a few things with it).
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Cabinetmaker makes some really nice things and might be willing to work with you.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Goldy:
    Cabinetmaker makes some really nice things and might be willing to work with you.

Id get a couple because the stock 12.5x9 are too big for my copper lined humidor.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    You have a PM Russ.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I can make you some, price of material and shipping. Pm me if you want, i'd be happy to make you some.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses guys. Garen, I pm'd you back. Cabinetmaker, thanks.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    also, if you want to make your own, there is a video on the Man Cave site of a cigar lounge they built, and during the course of the video, it shows how they make the cedar trays, it looked pretty simple.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    cabinetmaker, you've got a pm.