Home Non Cigar Related

Frikin taxes

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just found out we owe 2800$ to federal and almost 2000$ to state. So much for our vacation this year. Glad I'm pretty stocked up on cigars gonna be a while till I see some new ones.

Comments

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    that sucks.....just didn't take out any enough withholdings?
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Just found out we owe 2800$ to federal and almost 2000$ to state. So much for our vacation this year. Glad I'm pretty stocked up on cigars gonna be a while till I see some new ones.
    i have extra taken out of my pay so this crap doesn't happen to me....this happened to me ONCE, and it sucks.....and just think.....i know some people that get back more than they pay in....how is that possible........ good luck, Rhamlin
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. That stinks.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a few different things that just compounded everything add that to bieng in a nice new tax bracket = screwed.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    My advice is take a good look at where your income comes from and start googling. There are other ways to get paid that involve lower tax brackets or increasing your tax offsets that all the billionaires use (before they go out and scream that taxes are too low, of course)

Also, don't use H&R block or those cheap franchise services; use a dedicated accountant, the kind that charges a couple hundred but knows the tax code inside and out.

This may or may not help you; hasn't helped me a bunch of times, but it's a start and sometimes it can make a difference :/

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Yabbut... just look at all the good your stolen money is going to do. Drones don't come cheap, ya know, any more than subsidies for banksters.

That don't cheer you up I don't know what will.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)