Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wheel of Time

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anyone read the series? I read the first two books in 08. I just reread the first book and am on the second one..not as good as I remember. I've heard that after book six or so, the series starts to go downhill. To jack my own thread, I also read "The Way of Kings", which is down by Brandon Sanderson, who finished writing the wheel of time. Heck of a good book, can't wait for the next one.

Comments

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Anyone read the series? I read the first two books in 08. I just reread the first book and am on the second one..not as good as I remember. I've heard that after book six or so, the series starts to go downhill. To jack my own thread, I also read "The Way of Kings", which is down by Brandon Sanderson, who finished writing the wheel of time. Heck of a good book, can't wait for the next one.
    io have these on my ipad ready to go, just haven't taken the plunge yet. i just read "and soon i will be invincible" - holy crap it was a fun read.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yes, I've read the series a couple times. I like it, but I know just as many people who dislike it as like it, so it's not for everyone. Some books are better than others, but I don't think it ever goes "downhill". It's long and detailed. If you're impatient the series may not be to your liking.

Sanderson seems like a good writer. I like his style. I bought Mistborn, but I have no time to read for pleasure at the moment. I'll get to it in a few months.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Someone (pretty sure a CCom guy) told me that by the end of the series, he had to keep a notebook with the characters written down because there were so many. I know halfway through book two, I have no problems....yet.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I started this series in the 90s.. book two was ehh... like book 7? But it was a grand tale that I enjoyed. Like any story of this magnitude there will be blah type portions.