Home General Discussion

Why can't they live forever?

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
He was my best friend for 16 years......... gone but not forgotten

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No way man!!!I am so sorry to hear this.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    that sucks......sorry to hear about that man.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry for your loss brother.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I've been through it 3 times in the last 4 years. I love my dogs. The last one we lost was 2 and was overall the best dog I ever had even at that age. I feel for you man.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. We were blessed with 16 wonderful years. Seems so quiet in the house now, but he lived a long happy life and he is in a good place. Lots of great memories and pictures.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Sorry bro, that's gotta be tough. I have a 3yr. old Cockapoo and he's the only dog I've ever had and I can't even imagine.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, brother.
    Hard to lose a four-legged family member.

But 16 years is a wonderful life, cherish the great memories.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that sucks. I've lost 3 dogs in the last 15 years.
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Such a drag man. Very sorry for your loss. We had to put our greyhound of only a couple years down because of bone cancer. Got another a couple years later and he's getting long in the tooth now too. Losing a dog is tough.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loos Bro, totally understand, our German Shepard has cancer and was given up to 2 years left.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that I don't want my kids and myself to go through. I plan on getting a dog this summer. Sorry to hear this bro.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Sorry for your loss...
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that boss.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    All dogs go to heaven!
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. My buddy is 12 and slowing down quite a bit-dreading the day she goes. See my signature....
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    This hits home a little too much. Lost our Basset Hound about a year ago to lymphoma. Sorry to hear it.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Man....I hate that feeling... I hate it when I hear a brother losing their pooch as bad as my own. The good thing is, there is always another pooch willing to give you their heart and soul, and each one teaches you something to appreciate about life. Dogs rule...I'd give up everything I own before my dog. I'd rather be homeless with my dog...
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    This hits home a little to much. Lost our Basset Hound about a year ago to lymphoma. Sorry to hear it.
    lost a bull mastiff to that as well. Took me 2 years to get another dog, huge mistake. Wish I would've gone right out after that. I've had my rescue silky for 4 years now, and she's kept me alive and sane at times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    So sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you need anything. I consider my pets family and take it close to heart when anything happens to them. My condolences to you and your family.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Jim, that is tough, but such great memories!!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, there are few things better in this world than a great dog.