Home Non Cigar Related

What do cops think about gun control?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Interesting article from the people who get shot at more than any other in our country, a survey done with 15,000 LEOs, 70% of which are field-level:

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-findings-on-officers-thoughts/

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting piece. I've spoken out several times against any new legislation, although in truth I support training, background checks with reasonable time constraints, and to a lesser extent tighter control over how an individual sells a personal weapon.

Still, I think a general overhaul of existing legislation would be more to my liking. I'm continually disappointed by each succesive congress, in that they seem to think their job, their only job, is to produce more laws, and that the only answer to all problems, is yet more laws.

Surely they could try a new approach, like maybe slimming down the laws, and tax-codes, by about 85%. With an eye toward restoring the original nature of freedom that was built into the system, and enhancing that freedom where it has been lacking. But that's another issue.
    Or is it?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use two hands.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Eh ... I think what really needs to be done is just pass a law that requires all gun sales to have a background check. It's that easy. This whole gun debate is getting dull. The GOP for their BS with guns, the liberals with their "save the children" BS. It's all garbage to appease the base. Simple truth is handguns kill more people than these rifles and even background checks or even banning them won't stop these crimes. There are more than enough guns out there now. And will someone please kick diane feinstein out of office!!!!!