Home General Discussion
Options

Boveda Test

Here's a video that Boveda made comparing Boveda, Heartfelt, Xikar and Dr. RH. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WPqKLkBLFU&feature=player_embedded

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see someone do this independently. Color me suspicious.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Kitty Litter for life...I've never been so stabil
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    They do a comparison test without describing the testing procedures. What'd they do, soak the beads in water before putting them in the container?
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Martel:
    Me too. Of course you can make a test go the way you want when comparing your product to others. By the way, my heartfelt beads never gave off 100% humidity according to my digital hygrometer that records highs and lows until reset. LIARS!!!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    jfaciane:
    Martel:
    Me too. Of course you can make a test go the way you want when comparing your product to others. By the way, my heartfelt beads never gave off 100% humidity according to my digital hygrometer that records highs and lows until reset. LIARS!!!
    i second this, my heartfelt beads have never been over 75
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    ehehat:
    ddubridge:
    i have kitty litter in my cooler, hasnt moved a lick
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    ehehat:
    ddubridge:
    i have kitty litter in my cooler, hasnt moved a lick
    yup... Learned a new microwaving trick as well, gonna try it here soon and post results. Apparently you can nuke them to dry them out and they are even better.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I could probably recreate this test as well. I'm very surprised at how they did it in Tupperware, not a humi with cedar. I may just do it sometime for the hell of it, as I have boveda, dr rh, drymistat, heartfelt, and kl.
  • Options
    I'd like to hear what happens if you do try to recreate this, Cat. I'm very skeptical about these results. I've never heard of anyone having 100% RH in a humidor.

P.S. After seasoning like you described and a good bit of KL I'm sitting pretty at 70% RH and stable as can be. That in itself discourages me from using any other products.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    PS - We've spoken on this before.