Home Non Cigar Related

Been Busy

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Sorry Ive been busy lately and havent been in contact with some guys and just finished the college basketball game I set up. Had a wicked case of the stomach flu this week but am also able to report I was offered and accepted the supervisor position at my job. So farit has been nothing but me being ill and having no idea what I am doing, having no support from the "higher up's", and no guidance as to how I am supposed to succeed-----but here is to me hoping I dont get fired, lol.

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware the Peter Principle.
    Always fun to get more money.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Look busy!

Seriously, get your health together first.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I trust you will fully recover and relish the opportunity to make things better as I am certain you are qualified and capable of doing so in a pursuit that is extremely important to myself and all Floridians.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vulchor:
    Sorry Ive been busy lately and havent been in contact with some guys and just finished the college basketball game I set up. Had a wicked case of the stomach flu this week but am also able to report I was offered and accepted the supervisor position at my job. So farit has been nothing but me being ill and having no idea what I am doing, having no support from the "higher up's", and no guidance as to how I am supposed to succeed-----but here is to me hoping I dont get fired, lol.
    Congrats Dave. Hope you are feeling better buddy. Hopefully you enjoy your new position, I'm sure you will be able to handle whatever it turns into.

You haven't pissed anyone at work off lately have you? LMAO
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:
    Congrats Dave. Hope you are feeling better buddy. Hopefully you enjoy your new position, I'm sure you will be able to handle whatever it turns into.

You haven't pissed anyone at work off lately have you? LMAO
    Having never met you Vulchor, nor had too much direct conversation with you, so it is nothing personal...however, just thought i'd share that for whatever reason, i had to snicker by the use of the word 'lately' here. With that thought in mind, go back and re-read the comment, with a slight emphasis on the word 'lately', especially as your voice goes up with the inflection due to the question. :) Anyway, just thought it was funny, thought i'd share...no offense meant to Vulc nor Laker.

P.S. Congrats on the job! Sure you will do fine after the initial 'newness' of not knowing what to do wears off. Really though, how many of us really know what we are doing at any point in our lives, especially at work. :)