Home Non Cigar Related

REALLY

Two explosions 20 sec apart at the finish line of the Boston marathon. 5 undetonated bombs have been found. There are many injuries. Apparently a lot of lower extremity injuries. Two people have died in the explosion as of now.
Praying for the injured and families

Comments

• Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    WTF is wrong with people anymore?????
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    I was thinking the same thing. They have found numerous bombs in the area. There not saying how many!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Rail Jockey:
    I keep seeing this on twitter and really don't get why this expression keeps cropping up

It's obviously terrorism, we've just been lucky that it's taken 12 years for a second attack to succeed. There are people who hate you for being born and want to kill you. Welcome to the world at large.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its more that we have some of the best law enforcement (Local, State, Federal, Miliitary, ETC..) in the world.... not just luck. I would like to thank those who keep us all safe from those who wish to do harm.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Rail Jockey:
    I keep seeing this on twitter and really don't get why this expression keeps cropping up

It's obviously terrorism, we've just been lucky that it's taken 12 years for a second attack to succeed. There are people who hate you for being born and want to kill you. Welcome to the world at large.

I brought this up today to a friend of mine. These days, ANYONE can make a bomb, put it in a backpack and place it somewhere to kill people. It's a combination of luck and LEOs hard work that has kept us safe for so long.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    True, too true. Can't remember who said it, but "We need to be right all the time, the terrorists only need to be right once"
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    True, too true. Can't remember who said it, but "We need to be right all the time, the terrorists only need to be right once"
    Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, I believe she was at the NSC at the time. It's more or less what she said.