Home Ratings & Reviews

New Bueso -- Odyssey

2»

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Trident:
    Great review. I like how you take the time to explaine the nuances of the flavor instead of just saying definitively what something taste like.
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    The picture and construction look solid. Looking forward to see what others think of this one. Genesis was a pretty good smoke, but curious to see if this one will be a bit better.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    Great review Trident, I ordered a box of robustos last night and now I can't wait for them to arrive. By the way great job on all the reviews, you and Moose make a great team. Keep up the good work.
  • I have always made cigarfellas.com like that. It will be the way it always will be. I am glad you liked it.
  • Imgembo:
    Trident:
    Great review. I like how you take the time to explaine the nuances of the flavor instead of just saying definitively what something taste like.
    Glad you liked it, Cigarfellas.com has always been like this in the video's.. I hope you continue to watch them.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    Great review. I always wait for your reviews. Now i cant wait to get some to try..
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    What was the violta of the ones you guys reviewed i did not catch it.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Trident:
    Great review. I always wait for your reviews. Now i cant wait to get some to try..
    Bwahahaha!
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    mmccartneydc:
    JHewey:
    Trident:
    Bwahahaha!
    Ha. Some people never learn....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    mmccartneydc:
    JHewey:
    Trident:
    Bwahahaha!
    Ha. Some people never learn....
    I think the bus is backing up.....
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    What was the violta of the ones you guys reviewed i did not catch it.
    Toro
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Smoking one rott. My stomache is fairly empty, but what the hell. I can feel the nic. Flavors are more timid then I have been reading. Even went out on me. Not sure I would buy a box. Decent enough if I was out and about. Def no pepper here. Some sweet aromas. Its ok.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I had one a few weeks ago. Not too shabby, actually. I found it to be really mellow and smooth, but not as flavorful as I'd hoped it would be. Box buy, probably not. A fiver, sure.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I just happened to smoke one of these today, it was sent to me by "smoke 'em if you got 'em". I really enjoyed the one I had. Enough so to force me into a decision of a box purchase. I liked them that much. Nice woody taste with a creamy note and hints of nut and coffee. Much more mild than cigars I have been smoking lately, but this was one I will recommend for sure. I find a common link to my other favored cigars being the Jamastran leaf. There are several different leafs involved here.. Copan, Ometepe, Condega, all these work well together. Now a search for other cigars with this make-up to see which one really has my interest. Thanks for the great stick Royln.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoking one right now.
    Rest has done these some good. Some of the sharper notes I wasn't find of have died down a bit.
    Looking forward to letting a few sit for a year or two.

I think this has the potential to be a working mans Davidoff.

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Didn't really care for the Genesis Project. Tasted more like a "project" than a finalized blend. Not a Connie wrapper fan for the most part so I will probably sit this one out. Would I try it, maybe if I got to smoke more often but given the Genesis and the Connie wrapper on this, I'm not wasting my "once every couple months" smoking opportunity on some iffy stick
    When they first came out, I smoked one after sitting about a month, and I wasn't too impressed either.
    Now I'm smoking Bueso Genesis with a year or more on them..........................total transformation. They age well.
    Robusto is the best vitola imho.....then the Toro.......only had two of those monster Muy Buesos, they were good, but simply too big........for some reason, the Torps have not been up to par with the Robs and Toros.

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    I like the Genesis Project a lot ..... didnt like the Odyssey.... I have another one aging for a while..... maybe it will make a difference.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Didn't like the Genesis, so I'm hesitant to try the Odyssey. I got one in my humi maybe I will bust it out this weekend.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    CigarMan37:
    Didn't like the Genesis, so I'm hesitant to try the Odyssey. I got one in my humi maybe I will bust it out this weekend.
    Hope you did. I'm not in the "Genesis is amazing" boat, but I am a fan of the Odyssey.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Given their price point, I think both are pretty good! And if I was looking to get some smokes that dont break the bank they would be a consideration.. FWIW I just love the ashtray, use it for my keys, sunglasses, etc and the drawer holds both my lighters, cutters and a book of matches
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Given their price point, I think both are pretty good! And if I was looking to get some smokes that dont break the bank they would be a consideration.. FWIW I just love the ashtray, use it for my keys, sunglasses, etc and the drawer holds both my lighters, cutters and a book of matches
    Yep, they go on sale often enough so at 40 to 60 bucks a box they're a great value. I really enjoy both and my friends who don't smoke regularly seem to enjoy them as well.