Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How things change

2»

Comments

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    what...a...day... cleaning the room earlier and we hear a loud crash come from my mothers room, go check in on her and she has fallen, bouncing off a tv stand and landing on her right side. Hurts to move, call the ambulance as we are certain she has broken her hip. When the emt arrive they evaluate and then ask me if I would help them get her on the back board...I am thinking..umm...really? One of them says I should direct her hips and the other emt can grab her feet. The smart emt looks at me and shakes his head and tells me to just direct her feet over.... I wish I had not been in the room, I never want to know what I am doing is putting someone I love in so much pain, I have never heard someone scream with such agony as I did at that moment, made me sick to my stomach. She made it on the ambulance though and headed on the way. After arriving at the hospital and going to the ER, talking to the doctors, loooking over paperwork it is determined she will need surgery soon and most likely a full hip replacement as it is broken right below the ball...after being sent to the 10th floor Chris Shayna and I went up to see her, arriving before she did. When she arrived the nurse asked me to...wait for it... to assist in moving her into the bed. I said sure as I figured they would just be gently sliding her over.. OH no this guy had other plans of basically throwing her 100lbs to the other bed with her landing on her BROKEN HIP and letting out another yell that chris and shayna could hear down the hall... again I was part of putting my mother through pain I wouldnt wish on anyone. She was feeling well too...... How things change.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this Shane. I cant even imagine. Dont know if I could do it. Hang in there brother.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Shane, no good and people can definitely do it nice and easy if they wanted to... A-Holes..I worked in medical for 20 yrs and that's BS!!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ya it sure is... but her surgery was supposed to be today. All the doctors left though so she now sits until Tuesday probably. She has been given a great non mortality rate during surgery though, at 70% successful without death. Very happy to hear that, the liver is still a major player in this game though, and it can change overnight. She is in decent spirits, just board. She would love to talk and flirt with any of you gentlemen though.... never seen her flirt with so many guys before lol, made a few blush today.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Sorry to hear this Shane. But this is the tip of the iceberg with "big business medical care". We will see in the coming future endless stories of this type of neglect. No excuse to wait until next week to do surgery in someone who is in that kind of pain with a broken hip!