Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Decade Robusto

received the cigar in the Ultimate Variety Sampler about a week ago. I've been working down the list. Brought it out last night poolside with a scotch and thoroughly enjoyed it. I tend to like the maduro, fuller flavored cigars. This was my first Patel. My non-smoking guest remarked how good it smelled. I will definitely consider a box of these.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Oh yeah ...they are goooood !!!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I was talking to Rocky last weekend, and I asked him what his favorite smoke is right now, and he said "well it varies, but right now I like the Decade." The Decade is one of my favorite smokes, glad you enjoyed it. If you like that one, you should try the Vintage 90 and the Olde World Reserve.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the olde world reserve.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Decade is my favorite smoke. Ive only had the Torp, Ill probably branch out with some other sizes. I want to try the robusto and his corona 4.5 x 46 (Not sure thats the name of this size but its close).
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The torp is excellent. I had the lancero, and it was pretty bad. Not a fan of smaller cigars then a robusto.
  • fitch18fitch18 Posts: 4
    I love Rocky's cigars! They do go good with a Scotch-I prefer a sweeter scotch with a smokier cigar. Too much of one flavor kills it ya know? Rocky goes well with a Dalwhinnie 15 or Macallan 12!

http://someofthefinerthings.blogspot.com/
  • I like the 90 best myself......smooth, complex and unique....
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The decade has been getting a lot of good press around here lately and I thought I'd try one tonight. Awesome. I really enjoyed it. I got mine in a sampler, too. Only two left, gonna have to get some more.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    The torp is excellent. I had the lancero, and it was pretty bad. Not a fan of smaller cigars then a robusto.
    Find the right lancero and I guarantee you'll be singing a different tune, that size is somewhat hit or miss in my experience. Lonsdales are a happy medium between the short, fat and the long, skinny, and a vitola I happen to enjoy quite a bit. (La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1...mmmm)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had the torp a few days ago, got 2 of them with the cotm shipment, and I actually said "wow" after the first puff. It was a really good smoke even with almost no rest. I'll let the other sit for a few months. I'm definitely buying more.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    betasynn:
    Find the right lancero and I guarantee you'll be singing a different tune, that size is somewhat hit or miss in my experience. Lonsdales are a happy medium between the short, fat and the long, skinny, and a vitola I happen to enjoy quite a bit. (La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1...mmmm)

LFD CC#1 ---one of my favs ...
  • Yeah I definitely dig the decade. Im along the lines with you as well whe liking the Maduro and fuller bodied cigars. i had my first decade right before i deployed and now i get them sent out here along with some vintage 90's. Cant wait to be able to come back to the poolside with a scotch to properly enjoy one of these beauties