Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tim Tebow courted by Omaha Beef, a team that exists

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Tim Tebow cleared waivers on Tuesday, leaving him free to sign with any NFL team. If he can't find a taker, he does have an offer in hand from the Omaha Beef, which apparently is a real team with uniforms and everything. We decided to do a post on the Beef because a) we respect their shamelessness in matters of free publicity, and b) they have the most absurd nickname in the history of professional sports. (Seriously, if you're signed by the Beef, do you even tell your parents? If you do, how quickly do you clarify it's not a job at a minor league version of Chippendales?) From The Associated Press: A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking. How many times a day do you think Andrew Mather makes a business call, leaves a voicemail, goes about his business, then heads home at night having not heard back from anyone? Six times? Ten? Twenty? Has anyone ever returned a phone call to the assistant GM of the Beef? These are the real questions that linger. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165592/article/tim-tebow-courted-by-omaha-beef-a-team-that-exists

Comments

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Going to add my 2¢. Tim Tebow is a heck of an athlete. The Beef is an unusual but heck-o-cool name for an indoor football team. I think that Tebow should have been drafted as a tight end vs. Quarterback. But Tebow and the Beef sounds cool.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard they offered $75 a game! And they are actually pretty good.

Tim T-bone and the Beef!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I herd they recruited Prime to play defense. No bull. That would be choice.

Ate man football.

Omahahaha, it's just a joke, don't have a cow.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I was gonna make a joke about colon cancer screening day. BUT.

They have their own joke days, for real: Tailgate Party with "Lemon Fresh' Day"

Also check out the raving fans in the side-bars.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.