Home General Discussion
Options

Making your own cigar bands

BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
What do you do cigars that are unbanded? How do you identify them if they are going for a rest? Do you make your own if so how? Thanks in advance.

Just picked up some unbanded ones and want to easily identify them. Anything other identifying them with a colored dot with name and date, especially if they are uncelloed?

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of the blank bands being used around here specially on the Johnny O's.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I've seen a lot of the blank bands being used around here specially on the Johnny O's.
    +1
    Or if they're all the same blend, loosely "bundle" them together with ribbon/twine/etc and stick a note in with the bundle.

Or if the cigars are cello-ed --- just put a little sticker on the outside.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Sticker works on cello. I put a piece if paper all the way around with a small piece of tape to hold the two sides together.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    You can order blank bands from Heartfelt
  • Options
    what is the difference between a blank band and a piece of paper?

nevermind, I googled it. Self adhesive.

Anyone ever use these?
  • Options
    Thansk for all of the responses fellas. Will give them all a looksee. Hey Drew, I replied to you in Kuzi's cigar catalog thread. you might want to check it out.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    You can order blank bands from Heartfelt
    Toombes For the Win!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Moly look at these nice bands
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i just make my own. i need to know who gave em to me, what they are , and when they got to my humidor. a little scotch tape and some nice acid free paper cut to size.

Cheap. easy.

...just like your mom.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i just make my own. i need to know who gave em to me, what they are , and when they got to my humidor. a little scotch tape and some nice acid free paper cut to size.

Cheap. easy.

...just like your mom.
    OHHHHHH...my thoughts exactly. Acid free paper (hope i've been using that). Still very curious about the heartfelt blands. How big is the adhesive strip? Is it a stong enough adhesive to tear a cigar wrapper?
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:

Cheap. easy.

...just like your mom.
    OHHHHHH...my thoughts exactly. Acid free paper (hope i've been using that). Still very curious about the heartfelt blands. How big is the adhesive strip? Is it a stong enough adhesive to tear a cigar wrapper?
    Oh I see we gots Momma Jokes flying up in here! Acid Free Paper is good to know. Heartfelt sells in quant. of 500 thats way too many seeing as unbanded sticks are only every once in a while thing in my humi. Stcikers and paper with scotch tape it is.
  • Options
    Bombay:
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:

Cheap. easy.

...just like your mom.
    Oh I see we gots Momma Jokes flying up in here! Acid Free Paper is good to know. Heartfelt sells in quant. of 500 thats way too many seeing as unbanded sticks are only every once in a while thing in my humi. Stcikers and paper with scotch tape it is.
    I date all my cigars, just don't know if it would be worth buying them. I am very hesitant due to the self adhesive. What if you have a 60rg. Are they big enough that the adhesive would not touch the wrapper?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread as the guy I get my blank bands from will be taking orders in the upcoming weeks. If you need/want blank bands these are some of the best out there. Here is a link to his site from the March 2013 sale he did. Sign up on the mailing list and he will send out an email when his sale begins.

Blank Cigar Band
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Bumping this thread as the guy I get my blank bands from will be taking orders in the upcoming weeks. If you need/want blank bands these are some of the best out there. Here is a link to his site from the March 2013 sale he did. Sign up on the mailing list and he will send out an email when his sale begins.

Blank Cigar Band
    thanks Todd!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    I simply take a post-it note and cut it into three or four strips. Bottom to top so each one has adhesive at one end. They are the right size to wrap around most sticks, and cheap. I think I used some free ones from a vendor at work. Just didn't use the section with the logo.