Home General Discussion
Options

HERF -Caribbean style

mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
Soo... here where I live we have only a handful of cigars smokers, I'd say 20 in the whole city. I hang out regularly with one of them who just happens to own a bar so we smoke several times a week, after work, on the weekends, etc. Well he was over one night and we were sitting outside burning one, sweating our **** off and trying not to get bit by the national bird (the mosquito) and I start talking about Herfing and what it is and what not. So we brainstorm and decided to host the first ever Herf in this area, but we're going to make it some what formal and by invitation only. Now I know this sounds kind of snobby but if you're not careful here you'll end up with all kinds of riffraff at the party who don’t even smoke cigars and then everything goes to sh*t. So we've been working on this for a few months now, finally got it worked out with a local hotel who will comp us the "suite" (a three story hotel room with bad ass walk out balconies, hot tub, a steam shower thing etc. -it's nice)and all they'll do is sell the booze.

The reason I'm telling ya'll (other than I would like to share a cigar story)is that the first event is this Sunday. I really want it to go well because I would like to make it a monthly habit. There really isn’t anything to do here and hosting a cigar Herf on a regular basis will help me not suck start my pistol (law enforcement / mil types will understand the reference). Suicidal jokes aside, I'm not trying to make any money, and though it's not a business venture I've already spent money on advertising, the logo, and the invitations. I just want it to have a "cigar lounge" atmosphere and have fellow Botls come to together and smoke.

So anyway, sorry for just rambling on but I'm a bit excited and wanted to share with someone who might understand. If there's any interest, I'll post some photos and what not. - if you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good time! Eyyyyyyy man, pass tat ting!Wait, am I thinking of the right place?!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I think that is very cool. Would love to see how it turns out!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool indeed. If you can post the date and time (EST), maybe I can smoke one with you guys.
  • Options
    So things went very well, someone else took the pics, so once I get them I'll try to get them on here.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Very cool indeed. If you can post the date and time (EST), maybe I can smoke one with you guys.
    Sorry, brother, just saw this. It was from 6 pm to midnight EST+1.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe next time. I'm always looking for a reason to smoke a stick.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    This is so cool bro! Can't wait to see pics!