Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lifes ups and downs

Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
Well, how do I begin. Life can through you a curve ball from time to time, and here are mine. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. It started with putting Grandma in hospice, then she pasted. She was 94 and had a good run. Went to Cigar Fest with some great CCOM brothers and met many more, just a great time. Went into work on Monday after Cfest and found out that I had been replaced, didn't see this coming. Guess I should have taken a transfer when they wanted me too. Same day found out Old Mike, wifes cat of 13 yrs has cancer. Had to put him down Saturday morning, not a good felling. Tuesday got a frantic call from my wife, she was on her way home from Ann Arbor and stopped east of Detroit to use the bathroom. She walked out to her alarm going off and two guys busting out her window and going through her purse. She yelled at them and grabbed her purse, but they got away with the goods.After canceling everything she had in her purse I thought wow can this get any better. She tells me that my bank card and credit card were in her purse. Got a letter from former employer letting me know I no longer have health insurance. How about the ups, made my last child support payment this month,feels great. Getting some projects done ( coolidor). My wife got a job offer with a unreal raise. Here's the draw back, we have to move to Cuyuga county New York. My new job is Move Master. The next 6 weeks are going to be madness, packing and moving 400 miles east,graduation of youngest boy and getting him off to college, finding a place and oh ya finding a new job. I can honestly say this is not the worst time, hey no one was shooting at me lol .... So CCOM brothers in the Rochester, Syrc. and Auburn area I'll be looking for ya in late June. Luke

Comments

• Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Luke sorry to hear about the downs but keep moving forward brother I am sure it'll get better.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Luck with your new look at life, whether you like it or not here it comes. Try and have a glass half full mentality, wish I could do that. Hope all works out.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are certainly with you luke. When it rains, sometimes it certainly pours...but i have learned that, as i going through a similarly rough patch myself, that.... it cannot rain forever! Your positive attitude and perserverence will get you through. Hang in there, draw upon the supports that you have in place, the remember all of the great memories. When the sun shines though, life will get better again...and perhaps highlight things you never thought possible!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you brother, sometimes it feels like life is really taking a dump on you. Hope things turn Goethe best with the move. Always remember when one door closes another opens.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    wow man, horrible downs but the ups look great, prayers to you and yours.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about all the bad, but at least there's some good to go with it. Just keep swimming.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow man that is a hell of a bumpy road!! I hope everything goes well for you and if you need any advice on the moving let me know! I really hope everything just goes up from here and that you have not lost all hope. Life's a **** but it is what you make of it. Good luck and best wishes
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there brother. Things are looking up. Hopfully the move goes well for you. I am sad to here we're losing a Michigan member.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Thanks for the good karma fellas. Things are going very well. I have had some good smokes at the burn barrel the last few days.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there Tyland !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961