Home General Discussion
Options

When a fav lets you down...

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Don't you hate that? I lit up a MOW Virtue, one of my favorite smokes. Bleh. Bland as hell. Now it ruined my whole week. Everytime I open my humy I'll think "Which OTHER one of you is going to let me down?"

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Don't you hate that? I lit up a MOW Virtue, one of my favorite smokes. Bleh. Bland as hell. Now it ruined my whole week. Everytime I open my humy I'll think "Which OTHER one of you is going to let me down?"
    Geez Randy don't get so negative...blame yourself not the smoke, it's easier that way!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Even the best of brands get a dud, being its an organic product. Amazes me when you think its plants, and how they can maintain such flavors and consistency year after year with some regional brands.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the feeling... like when you get a plug or cracked cap, you think, "Great! I wonder if my next one will be a dud too!"

good thing is, the next is usually great! :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    The only time I get bummed out is when it's a nice aged stick that has construction issues or wasn't blended right. I had a preferido that I knew was gonna smoke like crap since it had pectin all over it. Long story short I chucked it and lit another and the second was great! For what it's worth if it isn't a good smoke for you just chuck it and start on a new one!! Life's too short for a crap cigar!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Agree with Lee. Chuck it, grab another. I once had three chucks in a row at the B&M... Finally grabbed a black market and all was well. Weird stuff happens man...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's always a bummer. Especially when you don't have ready access to a different stick.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    It happens to all of us. Sometimes it's because of a change in meds...a cold coming on...or the cigar demons messin with your tongue!