Home Non Cigar Related
Options

On-line tax passes the Senate

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, it only takes about 10 days for "both sides" to come to a concensus to pick my pocket, but in 10 years they can't hold a President from either side accountable to the constitution regarding sending troops to war in foreign countries, and leaving them there, apparently forever?
When is enough enough?
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Normally I wouldn't have too much of a problem with this particular regressive tax--which will have a much greater impact on working Americans and small businesses than the wealthy and large corporations--if our do-nothing Congress also closed the loopholes that still allow the wealthy and big corporations to pay next to nothing in taxes.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Normally I wouldn't have too much of a problem with this particular regressive tax--which will have a much greater impact on working Americans and small businesses than the wealthy and large corporations--if our do-nothing Congress also closed the loopholes that still allow the wealthy and big corporations to pay next to nothing in taxes.
    Wait a minute ... are you asking for hope and change?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    raisindot:
    Wait a minute ... are you asking for hope and change?
    Screw the hope--I'll take the change, as long as it ain't in pennies!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is it stinks but at least we are not in a third world country that is pretty much military controlled and starving to death. We actually are very spoiled compared to a lot of the world who tend to work for a ton less and even harder then we do! When you put your $150 bikes on your feet and think wow it really cost $3 to make these and the people that made them got even less then that it should make you greatful that you can afford them even for the price. Just thank god we don't have to pay a luxury tax on them since that's pretty much what it is...a luxury!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    All I can say is it stinks but at least we are not in a third world country that is pretty much military controlled and starving to death. We actually are very spoiled compared to a lot of the world who tend to work for a ton less and even harder then we do! When you put your $150 bikes on your feet and think wow it really cost $3 to make these and the people that made them got even less then that it should make you greatful that you can afford them even for the price. Just thank god we don't have to pay a luxury tax on them since that's pretty much what it is...a luxury!!
    I do think they are catching up while we are catching down.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Tax tax and more tax. Damn hard working Americans can't afford much more taxes. This state of Illinois compared to Texas if unbelievable. My property tax is double and the state tax is 100 percent more, and this state is always needing more money.