Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Ever see this before?

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
So I dropped a package off on Fri afternoon and when I looked up the tracking, it appears that this thing just sat until yesterday. Lesson learned! I just hope that it makes it to its destination by Thursday!

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Yep! I've also received packages that sat for over a week before they were put in my PO box. Gotta love the postal service...
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Sent a package to Isaac once that went about 12 places before him. We tracked it for 2 weeks watching it hit every city in Cali before getting to him.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Thats not out of the ordinary. Remember usps doesn't deliver Sundays and a lot less is being delivered Saturdays I believe. Aren't they phasing out saturday service at a ton of areas? Anyways I'm not surprised, their USPS sort facilities are effin awful, packages routinely bounce back and forth between 2 sort facilities, and I've even had one "depart usps sort facility" only to "sorted thru usps sort facility" in the same facility 6 times over 4 days. Ive heard certain facilities are noticeably worse at this because they are outsourced by a different company that usps pays to sort mail. In your case, dropping a package off friday I pretty much EXPECT it to not move until monday morning. At least in my small town, maybe if you are in a large metro area thats not the case, but us country bumpkiins are used to that kind of service.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it could be worse. I posted a package yesterday at 2 pm. Here's what I get 24 hours later:

You entered: 9505510274423133544523

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Sent a package to Isaac once that went about 12 places before him. We tracked it for 2 weeks watching it hit every city in Cali before getting to him.

The same thing happened to a package that BigFnSteve sent me. It bounced between KY and WV about 6 times before it finally got to me.
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I've had packages from UPS sit for 3 days in a local sorting facility before being delivered. Blows
  • Options
    Thanks guys, this made me feel a lot better! Lol, I just hope it gets to its loation by Thursday!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO somehow usps has gotten slower and more confusing! It's almost like making a crappier white owl lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    It's quite strange where I live. I'm sort of cut off from the rest of the state/world. No rail, no major highway, you really have to want to be here. With that said, the packages I send usually get delivered in 2 or 3 days. If I put something in the mail on Friday or Saturday they usually arrive the same day (Monday sometimes Tuesday). However, incoming packages usually get hung up in Albuquerque and are a day later than the expected delivery date. I have had some UPS packages that have sat in ABQ for a few days then are handed off to USPS and held for a day, then delivered.

I do agree with the rural aspect, that they may wait until they have enough for a truck load maybe??? I don't know, I just pay the postage and do my "please get delivered in one piece" dance.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Marker:

The same thing happened to a package that BigFnSteve sent me. It bounced between KY and WV about 6 times before it finally got to me.
    wasn't it my end of our trade that went to Puerto Rico before coming to you? Maybe that was someone else but really? You gotta go out of the friggin country just to make it from west-east coast?
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    So I dropped a package off on Fri afternoon and when I looked up the tracking, it appears that this thing just sat until yesterday. Lesson learned! I just hope that it makes it to its destination by Thursday!

This might be better lost!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Its definitely true that they are starting to wait for full trucks. I know someone who had worked in a usps sort facility told me they can wait up to like 24 hours before being sent on a truck or scanned, so sometimes they just rescan and resort the packages again since they don't have a truck full yet. In that case you keep seeing "processed thru sort facility" over and over but no "depart usps sort facility". That way it doesn't look like it sat for over 24 hours, yet all they did was rescan and resort. Hey it all comes down to saving money I guess.
  • Options
    MVW67:
    mmccartneydc:

This might be better lost!!!
    Bwahahahahahaha! No sir, the recipient of this package needs this before he leaves on a trip that he is planning!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Well doc according to the tracking your maw package has taken 3 days to get about an hour and a half away from where it was sent...awesome job guys!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well doc according to the tracking your maw package has taken 3 days to get about an hour and a half away from where it was sent...awesome job guys!!Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Bwahhahahahaha! Dang USPS is **** with me coming and going! LOL