Home General Discussion

New Member Question

I recently bought a 5 pack of Gurkha Ttans, I just saw another cigar for sale called the Gurkha Titan XO. Can someone please tell me the difference in the two?

Thanks

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The XO is 6x60. And welcome to the forums. If your new you may find the Titan a little strong. But don't let that stop you. There's tons of great smokes. And tons of info here. I hope you got a good deal on those. Gurkha are extremely overpriced but you can get them really cheap by shopping around and especially in samplers. I'm one of the few people here that really enjoy them but I only buy them in samplers.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    There's tons of great smokes...
    and none are named Gurkha.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    JGKAMIN:
    Rhamlin:
    The Cellar Reserve is a fantastic cigar. One of the best new releases last year, and rated as high as 97.
  • leckbassleckbass Posts: 4
    I got the XO for less than 2 ea, but I got regular Titan for 2.50 each
    leckbass:
    cool that's a great price. I personally like the Titan especially with a bit of age. But I agree with Catfish the Cellar reserve is great. I also think the Vintage 2001 limitada is exceptional as well.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    leckbass:
    cool that's a great price. I personally like the Titan especially with a bit of age. But I agree with Catfish the Cellar reserve is great. I also think the Vintage 2001 limitada is exceptional as well.
    The Vintage is currently my favorite Gurkha. Havent had a shot at the cellar reserve as of yet.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Rhamlin:
    leckbass:
    The Vintage is currently my favorite Gurkha. Havent had a shot at the cellar reserve as of yet.
    I have. I got a cellar from E and it burned terribly and eventually became plugged.. So I wait and watch and everyone says theyre the bee's knees so I goes and gets another,, Same fn thing,, got a little more out of it but not much.. Oh well,,, me and centurians dont get along either.. I do like the Titan , but I prefer the Beast and like Rhamalam said with a little rest theyre great.. I think everyone goes through the "Gurkha phase" some are pretty good, some not so much...Enjoy and welcome
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    catfishbluezz:
    JGKAMIN:
    Rhamlin:
    The Cellar Reserve is a fantastic cigar. One of the best new releases last year, and rated as high as 97.
    The cellar reserve is a great cigar in my opinion. The only Gurkha I have ever liked. I have never had any construction issues with it.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    musicman3:
    catfishbluezz:
    JGKAMIN:
    Rhamlin:
    The cellar reserve is a great cigar in my opinion. The only Gurkha I have ever liked. I have never had any construction issues with it.
    LOL,, I know I know thats what everyone says,, WTF,, 2 in a row from different sources??? Just aint meant to be,, and no iin case anyones thinking,,it aint got nuthin to do with my storage,,, I made damn sure on the 2nd that it was stored properly from the time I brought it home from the B&M..
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I think the Park Ave is a nice, cheap everyday smoke.
    thanks for all of the comments, but does anyone know if there is a difference between a Titan and a Titan XO?
    leckbass:
    thanks for all of the comments, but does anyone know if there is a difference between a Titan and a Titan XO?
    Just more filler so it changes the profile a bit. You get less taste from the wrapper and more of the filler on bigger gages.
    Thanks for the help
    No prob brother you came to the right place to learn just about anything cigar related.