Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Nicaro selection

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
I have not been smoking many cigars lately, been smoking a lot of hookah though... but I decided to do some yard work and what not and thought I would revisit this stick as it has sat for a few months (not long to do much i know)..and well.... it basically made me go back into a smoking slump I think..was horrible, even at the half way point which is my favorite...it got worse.

rarely do I give up on a cigar...but this one hit the graveyard early.

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will change tomorrow my good man!!
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean. Whenever I smoke a cigar I don't like I feel like I've totally wasted my time, ruined by teeth, threatened my health, and stunk up my breath, fingers and clothes and it makes me never want to smoke again.

Of course, I feel the same way when I smoke a good cigar, too, except for the wasting my time and never wanting to smoke again parts. :)
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    raisindot:
    I know what you mean. Whenever I smoke a cigar I don't like I feel like I've totally wasted my time, ruined by teeth, threatened my health, and stunk up my breath, fingers and clothes and it makes me never want to smoke again.

Of course, I feel the same way when I smoke a good cigar, too, except for the wasting my time and never wanting to smoke again parts. :)

Wow, that's extreme thinking!!! I just consider it part of smoking cigars. I won't like them all but don't mind trying all of them!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

Wow, that's extreme thinking!!! I just consider it part of smoking cigars. I won't like them all but don't mind trying all of them!
    Here here! +1. By nature, I am a really frugal guy as far as eating left overs, looking for the best deal, etc. BUT, I have learned that if I am only going to get to smoke something 1x a week, then its gonna be something I enjoy! I nub LOTS of yard gars bc I like them, but I'm pitching it, regardless of pricetag, if it sucks!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

Dont think I ever had a stick so bad it made me think of quitting.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

That was me, until I tried SWAG. Didn't make it 1/2 inch in...compost.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rhamlin:
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

lol! Kinda thankful that I never tried a swag!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rhamlin:
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

Amen to that. SWAG is horrible. The Nicarao on the other hand I thought was pretty good.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Rhamlin:
    AVJim:
    raisindot:

Amen to that. SWAG is horrible. The Nicarao on the other hand I thought was pretty good.
    swag was more like zwack (an herbal booze home wrong)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've heard one good thing about swag since it came out.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:

This is why I've settled on a stash of reliable choices. I have sixty or seventy in the two big bins under the humidor tray. Stuff I bought by the box or bundle. Fonseca Arana, AJ Fresh, Ave Maria, and AB SCR. The top tray holds maybe twenty one-offs -- stuff I scored from a pass or bomb, or by mining the B&M or such. I lift the tray up and grab from the stash I know I'm going to be satisfied. Burnt an Ave Maria last night happy as a clam. I grab from the top tray there's a good chance I'll regret it.

Constant variety is over-rated. Even Eastern potentates had favorite houris among the seraglio.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)