Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Wish me luck!

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
By the time most of you read this I'll be in surgery, or it'll be over. Having my shoulder fixed. Lot's of tears to the cartilage, frayed biceps tendon, end of the collar bone is pretty chewed up, some rotator cuff problems.

So, if my posts in the next few weeks are a little nuts, or more so than usual, we'll just blame the meds. Also, the lack of cigars. It was almost 2 months after my knee replacement before I could smoke. There's a price for everything, isn't there?
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bearswatter has had several of these. There's even a bizarre surgery whereby they **** your top rib out via your armpit to relieve pinched nerves. They're all quick and easy these days. No worry.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Take good care of yourself, sir, and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. You were nuts already (at least what you posted here) so I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out from the medication. :)
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    get well soon
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Good luck brother!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck bro.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    +1
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get well soon! Best wishes!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, turned out to be SLAP repair, 3 tears I think, amd rotator cuff, as wel as moving and cleaning the biceps tendon. Hurts, but so far not nearly as bed as the knee replacement was. Looong rehab, they tell me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    God speed on the recovery...
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I had the "Roto-Rooter" job done on my shoulder a few years ago.
    Percocet makes everything better.
    Speedy recovery!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Quick healing my friend .
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I'm looking at the same surgery later this year so I kinda feel your pain. What's gonna be the hardest part is doing physical therapy with my wife as the therapist...
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I'm looking at the same surgery later this year so I kinda feel your pain. What's gonna be the hardest part is doing physical therapy with my wife as the therapist...
    yeah, you best behave yourself, or you're in some serious trouble