Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Pray for the tornado victims

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Man what devastation 20 children dead.

Comments

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I had to check on some friends that live in Shawnee after yesterday. I still have family in southern Kansas. I've been tuned to to the weather channel for a couple days. Stuf makes me nervous big time. I sure feel for the families of the victims. Hopefully this is over for a long time. My thoughts are with the survivors.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    My cousin and her 2 children were less than a mile away from where it touched down, thank god they are okay! We can only hope for thebest for those affected in the days to come.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I'm from Oklahoma and was in OKC in 1999 when the big tornado hit. This is awful and something no one will ever forget. I pray for the families and friends of the victims. Epically the children and parents.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey the search dogs are doing good work, though, and the death is revised down to 24, so...
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    I remember all 3 that have passed the damage swath in the last 15 years... and God be with those in need. Wichita just missed having a similar fate on Sunday.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Crazy that thing was a level 5. There was an interesting thing on discover about tornadoes and how they work. Learned a lot, more than watching Twister that is for sure. I would think that it would be smart not to live in places that keep having these things. I mean if a town or towns keep having them over and over again it might be time to re locate.