Home General Discussion

Tuesdays at 8PM EST you need to play poker - poker league membership drive thread

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
Ok so maybe people just ignore the other poker thread because it has been around for a while. Glock's poker league is down to very few active players. People who smoke cigars are predisposed to want to play cards while smoking cigars.....it is science. So therefore you need to play poker and breathe some new life into the poker game. The winners are pretty spread out.....no one really wins multiple times in a row (expect for puffmaster, but he doesn't play anymore) So it is a pretty chill welcoming game.

We are playing tonight......so if you don't have anything to do on a tuesday night. Grab your laptop, sit outside in the beautiful weather, smoke a cigar and play some poker.

PM Glock for more details.

Link to other thread

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    **** it, I'll make my return.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    **** it, I'll make my return.
    this thread is already a success......now, i just hope that you win. we might hit LFRB territory.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I'm pelirrojo and I whole-heartedly support this message. Now, if only we had Jerry Lewis to run a telethon, we'd be in business.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, nice post Brian.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man ... I would if I could, brother
    Would love to play while sitting on the porch, smoking a cigar...

Exchanged PMs with Glock a while back about getting in on the action but don't have a machine at home that will run the software
    :-(

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:

Exchanged PMs with Glock a while back about getting in on the action but don't have a machine at home that will run the software
    only an ipad huh? that sucks.
    jgibv:

Yeah that does suck.
    brianetz1:
    jgibv:

at home = i Device or Ubuntu ....

Have Windows at work computers, and don't get me wrong, I like you guys but there's no way I'm staying at the office that late
    :-/

jgibv:
    brianetz1:
    jgibv:

Have Windows at work computers, and don't get me wrong, I like you guys but there's no way I'm staying at the office that late
    have you tried Wine? Youtube on how to use Wine to run windows programs
    Wish I could play on my Droid!PS - Thanks Ray!
    Rain:
    Wish I could play on my Droid!PS - Thanks Ray!
    No problem Bro, I wish I could play on my iPhone 2
    ok 1 hour away.

it is a beautiful night for some poker and cigars. Let's do this.
    time to bump this thread.....last time we had Rain come back and he came really close to winning. Everyone else needs to come and play and have as much fun as Rain did!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    I would. Sounds like fun.
    But I may as well hand you the stogies because I really suck at poker !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    brianetz1:
    jgibv:
    brianetz1:
    jgibv:

have you tried Wine? Youtube on how to use Wine to run windows programs
    Tried it over a year ago to run a couple apps ... had mixed results.

Computer is packed up at the moment (moving all my "toys" to the basement) but I'll give it another look once I get everything set up again.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should be able to start playing again in a couple weeks or so. As soon as my promotion comes through I will be able to make my own schedule. If not I'm gonna quit so either way it should work out soon
    Poker Slob:
    I should be able to start playing again in a couple weeks or so. As soon as my promotion comes through I will be able to make my own schedule. If not I'm gonna quit so either way it should work out soon
    FYI, we moved it to Tuesday nights because so many people had issues with wednesday. Good to hear you are going to come and play in the reindeer games.
    brianetz1:
    time to bump this thread.....last time we had Rain come back and he came really close to winning. Everyone else needs to come and play and have as much fun as Rain did!
    The h3ll he did...;)
    Yes boys sign up, I will b back next week.Brian your winnings are in the mail.
    Rain:
    brianetz1:
    The h3ll he did...;)
    it was a good run.....
    bump.....i just want it at the top
    curtpick:
    I would. Sounds like fun.
    But I may as well hand you the stogies because I really suck at poker !
    bump

we had 6 people last time and we were missing 2 of the regulars, can we get it up to 7 ot 8?
    I'm bumping this thread since we have so many newbies and some apparently old timers coming back to the board. We need new players. If you are worried about the guys playing being too good, don't be. While some of us have won a couple of times, we have new winners all the time. MAwart played with us last time and came away with the W. We have had 7 different people win cigars. it is a fun time and a great way to spend a Tuesday evening.

We play on Tuesday nights at 8pm EST. If you are new and want in, shoot Glock a PM and he will get you setup.
    I hear Rain's gonna be there...is that true?!OH MY GOD!!!! That guy is my hero!!!!For real though...come play poker.
    bump, we need some players!!!!!!
    brianetz1:
    Ok so maybe people just ignore the other poker thread because it has been around for a while. Glock's poker league is down to very few active players. People who smoke cigars are predisposed to want to play cards while smoking cigars.....it is science. So therefore you need to play poker and breathe some new life into the poker game. The winners are pretty spread out.....no one really wins multiple times in a row (expect for puffmaster, but he doesn't play anymore) So it is a pretty chill welcoming game.

We are playing tonight......so if you don't have anything to do on a tuesday night. Grab your laptop, sit outside in the beautiful weather, smoke a cigar and play some poker.

Link to other thread
    Ok I am going to bump this thread again. We need some new players. Its been a few weeks since we have played and i am ready to gamble some cigars away!
    brianetz1:
    brianetz1:

Link to other thread
    Ok I am going to bump this thread again. We need some new players. Its been a few weeks since we have played and i am ready to gamble some cigars away!
    Brian The Recruiter, get em
    Glock1975:
    brianetz1:
    brianetz1:

Link to other thread
    Brian The Recruiter, get em
    always trying to get people to play. only have 3 for tonight as of now....i know mawart is playing also, not sure about others.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for tonight.
    smoke em if you got em:
    I'm in for tonight.
    nice!

would you do me a favor and win one?