Home Cigar 101
Options

Those with Vinotemps

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
Did you do anything to block the fan (not completely, just so the breeze is deflected off of the cigars???

I used to have it blocked, just by chance, then I rearranged my 'gars and the top shelf is recording record high Rh's (76%+) and the other three shelves are all around 63-66Rh...

Could the fan be the culprit? I have a "Squishy" top row that I gotta let dry out a little... hmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Did you do anything to block the fan (not completely, just so the breeze is deflected off of the cigars???

I used to have it blocked, just by chance, then I rearranged my 'gars and the top shelf is recording record high Rh's (76%+) and the other three shelves are all around 63-66Rh...

Could the fan be the culprit? I have a "Squishy" top row that I gotta let dry out a little... hmmmmmmmm
    Well I just found out that Tatuaje ciagars are little ****...

My Hygro is readin around 73% Right now and my Illusione CG:4 and whatever the lancero one is (the 2?) both have bloated and cracked feet and the CG:4 is cracked in the middle too...

No other cigar is is affected (cello or not)... all are a little squishy, but not bad
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I haven't noticed that with mine. It does stay around 70 - 72%, but haven't had any casualties yet. My Tat's and the DPG's are in the regular humi which stays around 64%, which is where I like to smoke them. I only use the Vinotemp for long term storage and for those that smoke better a little moist (5 Vegas Gold).
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I keep mine in boxes or other items that block the direct hit from the fan. You definately don't want the air to drop directly on the smokes.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:

Well I just found out that Tatuaje ciagars are little ****...

My Hygro is readin around 73% Right now and my Illusione CG:4 and whatever the lancero one is (the 2?) both have bloated and cracked feet and the CG:4 is cracked in the middle too...

No other cigar is is affected (cello or not)... all are a little squishy, but not bad
    First Illusione are not made by Tatuaje. SECOND usually when you get them cracking and splitting at too high an RH that means they are a little overfilled. How filled determines how high the RH can go before you see splitting. Finally, I do the same thing as Van all my smokes are in boxes in the vinotemp.
  • Options
    You are such a Pete Johnson ****.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    vankleekkw:
    there are several of us out here
  • Options
    I know that I am one.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    More of a DPG **** but Pete made a damn good decision going with DPG. :)