Home Non Cigar Related
Options

commute

2»

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tell me something guys...is it convenient at all for you to go to the same place every day?

I ask because my profession has me going to the same place for a while, but then I end up going somewhere else when the project is finished. I'd imagine there is some security in knowing that your work is in a constant place and not subject to flux, but does it ever get frustrating going to the same place every day with no change?
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Tell me something guys...is it convenient at all for you to go to the same place every day?

I ask because my profession has me going to the same place for a while, but then I end up going somewhere else when the project is finished. I'd imagine there is some security in knowing that your work is in a constant place and not subject to flux, but does it ever get frustrating going to the same place every day with no change?
    I do enjoy going to the same place every day. But in my line of work I know that no day is ever going to be the same. We do also go on detachments a couple times a year that can last anywhere from 6 weeks to 5 months so we do sometimes get a change of pace. I guess it comes down to the fact that I love where I work, knowing that few people ever get to see the things I see on a daily basis.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jihiggs:
    I am and IT tech, not aviation. I assume you got that from me saying my co worker was going for his chopper pilot license, he is looking to change careers and has been busting ass trying to get his comercial license. appreciate the sentiment though!
    Hell, there's tons of IT Tech jobs in this area too. Every major contractor in the world is here and they're always hiring IT personnel. It's not called the Technology Corridor for nothing.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 61 mile each way commute. I only teach two days per week, so it's not so bad during most of the year. The winter commute isn't fun!