Home General Discussion
Options

Homemade ventilation for wineador

So I was sitting around trying to figure out a way to make the air get around a bit better in my wineador. I thought maybe some directional fans might be needed and came up with this if anyone is interested or was brainstorming ideas for better air circulation! basically it's a tupperware I cut some inlet holes in then mounted the fan blowing up and out with some hot glue. I place it over a mesh bag of beads and presto. I made two of them and run them off a hygra sm, which I had to solder some wires to make the fans reach the bottom and top of the wineador... You could also just use some pc fans though. I was fairly proud when I finished them haha. Free Web Proxy

Comments

• Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Good work. You definitely need to have a few fans to move air and distribute rh evenly if your wineador is fairly large and you don't have a model with built in fans. I did roughly the same minus the tupperware. Just 2 small 40mm x 10mm dc fans hot glued to a fixture near the back. Ran the wires out the drain hole and connected to a dc power supply which runs into a digital timer plug. I set up 12 1 minutes cycles every day which seems to work perfectly. Get us some pics when you get everything installed and running, I love seeing everyones different modification setups.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Thanks, Everything is up and running. It has been for a bit. I just put those in because I felt like I needed a bit more control to get the air around the shelves and drawers in there.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Just a note, be careful trusting that black hygro from wallyworld. I have 2 of them, and they are -7rh and -6rh each. Plus the accuracy on the package is listed as +/-5rh. I always keep one of the good and accurate +/-1% hygros in there just to be secure they are reading correct. Those are decent for $8, just not terribly accurate.