Home General Discussion

Clogged lighter

I have a Vertigo triple torch and 1 of the flames is clogged. Does anyone know of a easy fix? It seems like it's just pissing thru butane with 1 being clogged

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    I have a Vertigo triple torch and 1 of the flames is clogged. Does anyone know of a easy fix? It seems like it's just pissing thru butane with 1 being clogged
    I don't but until you get it fixed, do yourself a favor and pick up a couple of Ronson lighters at Walmart or Walgreens for $4.50. They are very dependable, especially for back-up.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Can of compressed air. or use a clean air compressor in an emergency. Spray the canned air into the jets. Should be done each time you refill the lighter to keep it clear of debris and lint
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Stsepas:
    use the butane bottle to clear the clog. Works about 90% of the time. Hold the nozzle directly to the clogged jet and depress like you were filling it.
  • StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    Nice thanks for the help! Since I had a can of the butane handy I tried that and man drew that worked perfect!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Stsepas:
    use the butane bottle to clear the clog. Works about 90% of the time. Hold the nozzle directly to the clogged jet and depress like you were filling it.
    Hadnt heard this one. Nice tip!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    ddubridge:
    Stsepas:
    Hadnt heard this one. Nice tip!
    One of the first jet lighters I got,I did nothing but fight with. The thing was a down right dud. I did a lot of research trying to fix that lighter. Didnt help on that one, but I'm glad I could pass it on.