Home Cigar 101
Options

How are cigar rollers paid?

Are cigar rollers paid per cigar or by bundles? I have seen pictures and video and have always been curious.

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

It may depend on the country and labor laws there (which I don't know) it could be like a daily pay sort of set up.

Certainly the "better" rollers are given more, be it pay or other benefits. I do think that the best rollers sit at the front of the room? I dont really know much about it though. Good question!

Are you planning on becoming a roller? Lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    This is something I've always wondered myself. I really hope they get paid a decent wage.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    This is something I've always wondered myself. I really hope they get paid a decent wage.
    I dont remember which co. (Maybe Pepin) takes initiative to re-invest in the community where the factory is located and build schools, housing, etc. So, some of (and Id be willing to bet most) large manufacturers take good carebof their employees and community.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi would probably know more on this subject than most here. But I would venture to say that they probably make an OK living for where they live but probably not by our standards. And I think most manufactures give their rollers a certain amount of sticks to smoke or sell on the side as the case may be.