Home Non Cigar Related
Options

After all this time

The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
Soo my girlfriend surprises me with strawberry shortcake .... Start feeling a itch and the I begin to swell up like violet from willy wonka , soo I'm in the hospital . I always have fresh strawberries in my fridge never had a reaction before. Ok I'm done ranting hopefully I get out soon

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Damn, that sucks man. Hope you get over it soon.

I discovered last year that after 42 years of life I'm alergic to bees. Funny thing was I got stung by one the week prior to my reaction with no issues (also stung a few times as a kid like most people - no problems). One week later I get stung by several and a swole up so bad it freaked the nurse out. The urgent care receptionist rushed me past a full waiting room of people to see the doctor I looked so bad! LOL

You never know with that kind of stuff I guess.
  • Options
    I know that it does and can happen but I love strawberries :(
  • Options
    Ah man, that does suck. Hey, at least you didn't just find out you're alergic to cigars!
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Ah man, that does suck. Hey, at least you didn't just find out you're alergic to cigars!
    I wouldn't wish that on anybody... That's just evil
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    Heavy:
    I wouldn't wish that on anybody... That's just evil
    Get better bro!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I do the same thing with shell fish, sucks bro......
  • Options
    Give us an update man. You doing ok? Hope it wasn't too bad for ya last night.
  • Options
    Sorry brother but I'm still swollen and in the hospital still , I haven't gone down almost at all there watching me now. Of course they won't tell anything yay me
  • Options
    Holy crap man that sucks!! Hang in there brother and feel better soon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hey bro I hope you get better and welcome back. Hopefully this makes you laugh, but you and her are on good terms, right? Just saying.... :-)
  • Options
    james40:
    Hey bro I hope you get better and welcome back. Hopefully this makes you laugh, but you and her are on good terms, right? Just saying.... :-)
    thanks bro I should be home tomorrow hopefully and yes we are on good terms , she bought some different type of strawberries that we never tried before, unfortunately the doctor said it may have affected all types and with how bad the reaction was he suggested not to keep trying other types .... There goes my strawberry patch that I have been growing for 4 years :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm on my first strawberry planter myself. Only got 3 this year so far but my plum tree is on it's 3rd year and I stopped counting at 105. Amazing how good food tastes when you grow it yourself and it's not pumped full of gas and other crap.
  • Options
    james40:
    I'm on my first strawberry planter myself. Only got 3 this year so far but my plum tree is on it's 3rd year and I stopped counting at 105. Amazing how good food tastes when you grow it yourself and it's not pumped full of gas and other crap.
    remember to let it spider out and those off shoots will get you numbers and size. After your first year or two take out the starter plants and keep going with the 2nd an third gen. It's the same way with my pear tree I use over half as fertizer
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    No more Frankenberry for you. Glad your ok,, Love strawberry's and champagne!!! My GF really loves the Godiva chocolate covered strawberries. Yumm
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    james40:
    remember to let it spider out and those off shoots will get you numbers and size. After your first year or two take out the starter plants and keep going with the 2nd an third gen. It's the same way with my pear tree I use over half as fertizer
    Biggest problem I had with strawberries were the birds,, Mr & Mrs Robin just loved em.. Till I put up the plastic Owl replica.. really does work!!!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    No more Frankenberry for you. Glad your ok,, Love strawberry's and champagne!!! My GF really loves the Godiva chocolate covered strawberries. Yumm
    wait, what, girlfriend, ,,,,,??? , have some fresh strawberries i like to cut up and eat with yougurt, blueberrys are my fav. but 3.99 for a small box here, wowee
  • Options
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    wait, what, girlfriend, ,,,,,??? , have some fresh strawberries i like to cut up and eat with yougurt, blueberrys are my fav. but 3.99 for a small box here, wowee
    I thought you two had a long distance relationship going on
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    Who me & JJ,, Yea but Im mad at him cause he's been going out on me,, He's got a new fishing buddy and he sends me photos of them having fun,, fishing,, drinkin,, and smoking cigars,, (tears are swelling in my eyes) He doesn't care!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    The buffalonian:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    Who me & JJ,, Yea but Im mad at him cause he's been going out on me,, He's got a new fishing buddy and he sends me photos of them having fun,, fishing,, drinkin,, and smoking cigars,, (tears are swelling in my eyes) He doesn't care!
    rudy I care ... I really care ;) you'll see soon
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    The Kid:
    The buffalonian:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    rudy I care ... I really care ;) you'll see soon
    shhhh,,, not in front of JJ,, wait till he's gone fishing
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭