Home Cigar 101
Options

New to cigars and have a few questions.

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I just recently started smoking cigars and have enjoyed about 15 different smokes. I  was looking at some torpedo cigars and was curious as to what makes them different other than the shape. Any input?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, I need your address. The torpedo has a tapered end, which is harder to roll, and concentrates the smoke output in a different way then a standard cylindrical shape. I love them, and cut them at an angle so they hit the top of my tongue angled downwards. Personally, I find I get a better volume of smoke with a smaller opening to draw through on a torpedo.
  • Options
    Also...check out the 102 things newbs should know thread, the newbie welcoming thread, as introduce yourself. Don't talk to a guy named MVW67 though, he's weird. The seasoning thread is good too.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Torpedo/belicoso/perfecto....all have a tapered end. It's my favorite vitola. I just seems to me that more craftsmanship goes into these shapes. Thereby, enhancing the overall contruction and burn of the smoke. Plus, they're easier to cut and toast, in my opinion.

Might I recommend a few of my favorite blends in this vitola...... Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Cuban Belicoso, Liga Privada #9 Belicoso, Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo El Martillo and Diesel Unlimited Belicoso.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Thats kind of what i figured as for the reasoning behind its shape. Ill have to give one a shot one of these days. Forgive me for questioning you... but why do you want my address? lol
  • Options
    Ill check those out! :) Im always open for suggestions.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Thats kind of what i figured as for the reasoning behind its shape. Ill have to give one a shot one of these days. Forgive me for questioning you... but why do you want my address? lol

Normally, when guys ask for your "addy" on this forum, it's a good thing..... Although, it might mean that you have to invest in a big mailbox.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lol Well its good to know that address swaps are a normality :) hope everyone forgives me skepticism... knowing the internet nowadays. lol
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Giving your addy is a good thing. Send in a PM
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    lol Well its good to know that address swaps are a normality :) hope everyone forgives me skepticism... knowing the internet nowadays. lol
    just take the little blue pill...and check your inbox... Don't ask questions, just answer them. Trust me, it's better that way, and you dot want to talk to Mike, Shizza, or some guy named after a month. They are Internet gangsters.
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    That's interesting I never heard of clipping at an angle. I suppose it's similar to punching a chisel. I'll have to try that! Do u notice a difference in profile if you smoked the same stick one cut straight and one at an angle?
  • Options
    Stsepas:
    That's interesting I never heard of clipping at an angle. I suppose it's similar to punching a chisel. I'll have to try that! Do u notice a difference in profile if you smoked the same stick one cut straight and one at an angle?
    No clue...been cutting at an angle so long I cannot say I remember.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    LiquidChaos66:

Normally, when guys ask for your "addy" on this forum, it's a good thing..... Although, it might mean that you have to invest in a big mailbox.
    Just don't post your addy in the bio. Ya' don't want just anybody cruising the internet to see it. KnowwhutImeanVern?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    lilwing88:
    LiquidChaos66:

Just don't post your addy in the bio. Ya' don't want just anybody cruising the internet to see it. KnowwhutImeanVern?
    Addys are pretty easy to get on the internet...just sayin'.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Great info here as these guys know their stuff.

Question about cutting torpedos: Anyone ever use a v-cut on torpedos? Depending on how the tip of the torpedo is rolled, I sometimes v-cut it to get a nice concentrated smoke. Doesn't always work though; if not I just use a regular cutter to cut a littler further down past the v-cut to open up the draw (I cut mine at an angle to when using the guillutine). Anyone else do this, or am i just a wierdo?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    lilwing88:
    LiquidChaos66:

Addys are pretty easy to get on the internet...just sayin'.
    Ya' got mine yet? :P
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Stand by for tracking number ;)