Home General Discussion

Forum Question: Post count vs bar graph.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's the difference between Post count & bar graph? I just noticed that one guy with way more posts than me has no green bars on his bar graph but I have one green bar. What's the deal? I know it's not important but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Comments

• Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    I honestly have no clue. I thought the more you post the "higher" the bar graph gets.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I think if you are in the top 500 posts is increases. It is how much contribution you do relative to others I am assuming. Full bar graph = high in post count (top 10 I would assume). They can have more posts than you but sit outside the top 500 contributors, but this is a small community.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What are you talk.....WTF is that next to my name?!Joking aside, I have no clue how it works.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    The more bars that are green the more you can: image
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, that's a funny pic. But I haven't been on the boards all that much as of late and I still have a full bar so I don't know how accurate it is.
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, that's a funny pic. But I haven't been on the boards all that much as of late and I still have a full bar so I don't know how accurate it is.

Try lighting one up? may fit your profile. LOL
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Oh, I see how it works, hover over it for each person. 1 bar is a top 500 contributor (top 500 post count). Mine is says I'm in the top 150, rain is top 50, phobic is top 10. It has to go by post count. I think it is to see where your post count related to the rest of the users.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, now I have to see...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    just as a side note, kuzi is number one followed by j0z3r, phobicsquirrel, the kid, and kaspera79 rounds out the top 5 posters. Im something like #102 out of 18,915 users! of which only 2687 have ever posted though.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Some folks talk more than others. LOL
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Well we could always grumble enough for a helpfulness system to be put in place, kinda like a plus minus or thumbs up down to rate each other. That's too complicated though, post count is plenty.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Well we could always grumble enough for a helpfulness system to be put in place, kinda like a plus minus or thumbs up down to rate each other. That's too complicated though, post count is plenty.
    I think it's been about three years that people have been asking for PM notifications...so yeah...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain,...........check your inbox ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    That's closer to the truth. Back when the forum was smaller I had more to say, now I read more than I post.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    beatnic:
    That's closer to the truth. Back when the forum was smaller I had more to say, now I read more than I post.
    this explains me as well.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really noticed the bar graph before. Shows how observant I am.