Home Pipes

Briar Cigar

pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
Just found a pipe I'm quite interested in trying. Its a Briar cigar pipe. A regular pipe in the shape of a cigar. I may even get myself a piece of briar and make one. Perhaps a new hobby? lol. Need a wood turnin lathe though to do it right. Or an old metal lathe with a 4 jaw chuck.
Because you smoke it like a cigar there should not be any moisture buildup in the bottom of the bowl like a normal pipe. Its made by Morgan Pipes. You can even carry it in your shirt pocket packed. It has a cap that fits on the end. Clever idea.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just pack the end? looks interesting. Reminds me of a device I saw many years ago in Europe that people were using, called a "chillum", but they had to keep it upright. I wonder if you can smoke this just like a cigar.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Thats the only way I'd smoke it and the reason I'd smoke it. Was thinkin it has a cap but don't know if its vented to smoke with the cap on. I think I would make a cap to put on it while smoking especially if I'm riding the MC. Its $140 so it may be a bit before I'd get one. Gonna dig some more and see if I can find more info on it.
    Morgan pipes has a website http://www.morganpipes.com/index.html
    nice website and they have a couple videos on the pipe in their testimonial section. Definitely gonna have to get one. When I do I'll give a review on it.
    To be able to smoke while on the bike, comfortably. Nirvana. My FLHT has a cigarette lighter, which I've used, but I don't have the fairing lowers, too much wind, and I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, but that briar pipe thing looks like it might fill the bill. I'm looking forward to the review
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    A fellow biker and I smoke pipes regularly while riding. I look for light weight pipes with rather short stems and I use a pipe screen to keep the ash from blowing out. My nomad has lower fairings but not the sportster or marauder. need a flame to light though. I sometimes light or relight a pipe while moving but not recommended. Need to take both hands off the bars to do it. Need straight road with no ruts. lol
    Have you been able to try this yet?

Nope. Been having a buying binge grabbing up cigars etc.
  • bercacigarbercacigar Posts: 1
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to smoke a chillum, but not with tobacco.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I used to smoke a chillum, but not with tobacco.
    That's what I was thinking. Knew I had seen these before.   :D