Home Non Cigar Related

X Box one & PS4

2»

Comments

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    phobicsquirrel:
    I won't be getting any of these any time soon. Xbox I think just sank itself. Though it will sell a lot cuz of fanboys and people who are okay with all these restrictions. Seems more and more common these days too. I'm leaning PS4 right now though, but killer instinct is a great game and I would love to get that. I really do microsoft gets hammered on this new system, I really do.
    Also I learned today that multiplayer will require the PS+ subscription at $50 a year on the PS4. I feel if Sony didn't do this then it would be game over.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn this
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    I'm a loyal gamer and Halo fanatic. I will not be getting the X1, even though Halo 5 is scheduled to be released next year. Microsoft can burn in he!!.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I won't be getting any of these any time soon. Xbox I think just sank itself. Though it will sell a lot cuz of fanboys and people who are okay with all these restrictions. Seems more and more common these days too. I'm leaning PS4 right now though, but killer instinct is a great game and I would love to get that. I really do microsoft gets hammered on this new system, I really do.
    Also I learned today that multiplayer will require the PS+ subscription at $50 a year on the PS4. I feel if Sony didn't do this then it would be game over.
    no ***! so now sony is using the XB live playbook. That's weak.
    Oh and something I overlooked a bout the used games on the PS4, While PS4 will not make u go through the licensing crap XB1 will, if developers decide they want their game to go through the XB1 process Sony will allow them to do so. In short words, PS4 used games may do the same sh*t xb1 is making you do it is just up to the developers.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    With both systems your damned if you do and your damned if you don't , Sony's servers are crap always have and will be but now we have to pay for it , the Xbox one will have the sane server space as the entire world did in 1999 , and Scarlin I just read about that with EA "possibly " making us pay for licensing on Ps4
    The buffalonian:
    With both systems your damned if you do and your damned if you don't , Sony's servers are crap always have and will be but now we have to pay for it , the Xbox one will have the sane server space as the entire world did in 1999 , and Scarlin I just read about that with EA "possibly " making us pay for licensing on Ps4
    I could easily see EA doing it because of their partnership with xbox. Mircrosoft has a lot of power over developers and could coax them into doing it

Anywho here are links regarding used games, privacy, and internet connection stuff for the one str8 from xbox's website

Privacy
    Connectivity
    Licensing Info

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    PC has a lot of junk too. Each developer has it's own launcher, or you have to use Steam. Or you have to be online 24/7 (I'm talking to you, Star Craft 2!)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    PC has a lot of junk too. Each developer has it's own launcher, or you have to use Steam. Or you have to be online 24/7 (I'm talking to you, Star Craft 2!)
    ...cough... sim city
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    photo e7d51ad9-6db3-40fb-806f-7ba435a4f72d_zps43322682.jpg
    BIG NEWS

"All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall. Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games.

Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games."

They just announced this today. Good move Microsoft, we got ourselves a ballgame

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    So, from what I am reading the X-box 180 will still need to connect to the internet once during the initial setup, but then can be disconnected permanently. That's good news. I guess they heard the people. Now all they need to do is get rid of the kinnect. Oh, and drop the price a hundred dollars. Those two things would seem to coincide, maybe.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Rain:
    scarlin:
    While browsing Amazon seeing what games are confirmed for the new consoles, Amazon has the price per game estimated at 99.99. *_* I don't know if I could handle that..
    **** that...I miss when PS games were $20.0060 bones is about as high as I'll go...I'm not choosing between car insurance or a game.I mean, Call of Duty 4 sold 13,000,000 copies....so, let's say they all sold at $30 a copy. That would be 390,000,000...games don't cost that much to make. Profit is insane.
    I remember back when EA Sports was selling games at $60 and the rival started offering their sports games at $19.99 and they obviously still made money. So $60 Is a rip-off, $99.99 is robbery. I don't need it that bad.