Home General Discussion

An open letter to Gurkha.

2»

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I've got a box of Park Avenue torpedoes that all have a super loose draw. Not a bad cigar flavor wise, but very loose. I keep trying to cut less and less off each time I revisit the box. Next time I'll try using a sewing needle as my cigar punch.
    If you would like to be off the rest of the box, I might be able to trade you out of them. Pm me if you are intrested.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I actually used to like the Legend Perfecto (and still have some) but, lots of issues.
    Like this one:
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I've got a box of Park Avenue torpedoes that all have a super loose draw. Not a bad cigar flavor wise, but very loose. I keep trying to cut less and less off each time I revisit the box. Next time I'll try using a sewing needle as my cigar punch.
    hehe, damn that must be really loose. Can't think of a cigar I've had that was that bad. I wonder what the deal is. I mean maybe the box or the run? I dunno but seems very strange.
  • kuzi16:
    DPG... more specifically, any cigars from the My Father factory.
    Great, I'll look into this next time I'm ordering. I enjoy when other aficionados turn my attention towards other products. Some of my regulars today are from my early rampant samppling period, but some of my regulars are finds credited to other hobbyists passing the good word to me as well. I'm far from being tired with DE, I just wanted another maker or so to peak my interest in following their product lines as well. Cool product backstories are an added bonus.

Coincidentally, I was considering trying out some of the My Father line as it was. I happened to see the backstory in a blurb in one of the catalogs I was flipping through recently and it was enough to peak my interest. Some of my regulars, including DE products, have pretty cool backstories as well. You might tell me they're all marketing gimmicks, but hey...it was enough to peak my interest and the cigar itself sold me on continuing to stock it.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Bob Luken:
    If you would like to be off the rest of the box, I might be able to trade you out of them. Pm me if you are intrested.
    Not ready to give up on them yet but I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Bob Luken:
    hehe, damn that must be really loose. Can't think of a cigar I've had that was that bad. I wonder what the deal is. I mean maybe the box or the run? I dunno but seems very strange.
    I've had a fiver of Romeo y Julieta Reserva Reals resting and coincidentally I had one just the other day and it was loose too. I'm just on a loose streak I guess. LOL