Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Tough couple of days ( Murphy's law came today with #3 )

I have used posting here he past couple of days as a mental escape from what's been going on in my personal life! I got a call the beginning of the from my best friends grandfather. He had always been like a grandfather to me! He took me in when I needed a place to stay. Helped me financially when I was out of work ect. Well the call was to ask me to come visit him so I said of course. I loved spending time with him. When I got over there he told me he had recently had a stroke, and heart attack. When he was in the hospital they found that he had cancer in his lungs throat and lymphnodes. And it was untreatable. Well on Wednesday he went down hill fast, we had hospice come in to keep him comfortable. Yesterday my best friend called and asked me to come by. I dropped what I was doing and usher over to be with both of them that was at about 4:00PM. At 6:00 last night he passed away. It was an end of an era so to say So at 2amn I called 911 Cus I was havin severe abdominal pains. Now I'm waiting for another ambulance to transport me to Boston where the care is a lot better !!

Comments

• Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    I'm sorry to hear that man. My sincerest sympathys. I hope one day guys I've helped out have the same feelings about me. You are fortunate to have known him and I'm sure he was fortunate to have known you. You are full of great and wonderful memories; a treasure you need to keep and remember always. Lift one for me when you toast his life that was well lived.
  • Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    pilgrimtex:
    I'm sorry to hear that man. My sincerest sympathys. I hope one day guys I've helped out have the same feelings about me. You are fortunate to have known him and I'm sure he was fortunate to have known you. You are full of great and wonderful memories; a treasure you need to keep and remember always. Lift one for me when you toast his life that was well lived.

Tex thanks for your kind words. I'll absolutely lift one for you. Even bough we haven't had the chance to chat before this your a true BOTL
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That's a tough couple days, for sure. Take some time to think and remember, stay well & strong.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about the rough patch but memories and the experiences is what life is really about. Stay strong and best wishes to you!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Doesn't matter how many times you go thru this it never gets any easier
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry to hear about this and if it provides any comfort, it's good you were able to say goodbye. Hang tuff dude.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences to you and to all others who loved him.
  • Options
    james40:
    Sorry to hear about this and if it provides any comfort, it's good you were able to say goondbye. Hang tuffy dude.

James nothing can be more true!!! It was a very moving experience. One that im glad I was able to b apart of such an amazing experience.
  • Options
    As if this wasn't bad enough. I got a call this morning that a good friend of my family's passed away yesterday as well. I thought 1 funeral this week was enough. Now there's 2 were gonna have to attend. They say things happen in threes. I don't think I can handle anymore bad news this week. Ughhh.....
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's superstition, but, after many years in ER and ICU I can say, it comes in threes.

Whatever you do, never ask: "What else can go wrong?", you're sure to find out.

Pray, meditate, center yourself, ask "what can I do to help everyone else who's also hurting?", and do it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    I know it's superstition, but, after many years in ER and ICU I can say, it comes in threes.

Pray, meditate, center yourself, ask "what can I do to help everyone else who's also hurting?", and do it.
    Thanks bro I Appriciate the words of wisdom
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Couldn't have said it any better.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Saddened to hear of your loss. I've learned alot about the grieving process over the last dozen years or so. Just allow it to happen. Sadness comes over one like a wave and then passes if it is allowed to. It is very unusual to me that it is this way but it is apparently a natural phenomenon. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    Saddened to hear of your loss. I've learned alot about the grieving process over the last dozen years or so. Just allow it to happen. Sadness comes over one like a wave and then passes if it is allowed to. It is very unusual to me that it is this way but it is apparently a natural phenomenon. You and your family are definitely in my thoughts.
    Thanks bro. I Appriciate all the support.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:

We have the same saying in EMS. Strange, but sadly true.
    Hang in there, brother. You have a family here as well as your family at home. You have my number so feel free to call if you need to vent. I send my most sincere condolences for your loses.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. Praying for you and his family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Amos Umwhat:

We have the same saying in EMS. Strange, but sadly true.
    Hang in there, brother. You have a family here as well as your family at home. You have my number so feel free to call if you need to vent. I send my most sincere condolences for your loses.
    Thx bro much Appriciated.