Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How does it feel to be under the Eye

Feel naked and abused?
Interested to know what you think of being under the federal Eye.

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:

Feel naked and abused?
    Interested to know what you think of being under the federal Eye.
    Doesn't bother me,, been going on now for much "much" longer than people think

Whats funny is I was just reading this!!!! Are you watching me too???

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/tech/social-media/snooping-web-reaction/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Orwellian
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Great eye! Quick get rid of the ring.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the larger implications, but personally I'm not concerned. I will gladly let the government and anyone else know that I use my phone to order Hawaiian pizza and surf this forum. It's not a secret.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I understand the larger implications, but personally I'm not concerned. I will gladly let the government and anyone else know that I use my phone to order Hawaiian pizza and surf this forum. It's not a secret.
    Smart answer,,,wink
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with a little of everything....they govt has known forever, especially since Gov. Bush was in office after 9/11. Nothing has changed since then, both sides like the power to much to let it go.
  • Options
    pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Love the PC answers. LOL
    I understand all the answers. It reminds me of the frog in the pot. slowly the heat is turned up until its cooked yet he never realized it till it was too late. All this collecting of our lives data over years yet it did nothing to prevent the boston bombing or the Ft Hood shooting. Under control of the executive branch and politics the way it is; the ramifications is not over national security but who's ideaology is in power. That is the point of this. Who do you trust.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this started in the '60s, at the latest. I like the frog in the pot analogy. By the '80s people had pretty much forked over all of their 4th amendment rights willingly. One of the reasons I voted for Reagan was his expressed opinions of GHW Bush, Americas chief spy, and how Bush had always stood for trampling on the constitutional rights of the people, for the good of the people. It was interesting to see how Establishment foisted Bush on Reagan, once they realized he was probably going to win.

And, note, he never said anything against Bush ever again after those primarys.

Regarding the current brou-ha-ha, it seems it was mostly just data sifting and number crunching, which at least shows an effort to only trample the rights of very specific individuals, who are very likely to be undeserving of those rights.

As for who do I trust? Not a freakin' one of them.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain