Home Non Cigar Related

Swedish male train drivers wear skirts to work

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Swedish male train drivers wear skirts to work Commuters on a train line in northern Stockholm were met with an unusual sight this week: male train drivers and conductors wearing skirts to work. Train driver Martin Akersten says he and more than a dozen others at the Roslagsbanan line have started wearing skirts in the summer as a protest against the train company's uniform policy, which doesn't allow shorts. The 30-year-old Akersten said Sunday the response from customers has been only positive. Arriva, the company that runs the train line, hasn't stopped the drivers. Arriva spokesman Tomas Hedenius says the company wants its staff to look "nice and proper," but can't stop men from wearing "women's clothes" if that's what they want because it would be discrimination. He didn't rule out a change of the company's uniform policy. http://news.yahoo.com/swedish-male-train-drivers-wear-104757819.html

Comments

• pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Hey. Don't knock skirts. I wear tartans at times. When going to a scottish or irish event etc. Talk about freedom That is if you don't wear skivvies.
    Me in my Marine Corps Tartan
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Hey, I'm just giving a shout out for some guys that got around the rules to make a point...which I love to do.
    No flames here. Saw a chance to show off my legs. LOL
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I know no flames, but I did not want you...and your massive collection of sharp weapons...to think I was downing a skirt ;)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the dhoti. Comfortable simple and cool. Pants were an adaptation to horseback life. We dont ride horses no more. Ought to go back to skirts. Air the pair.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Hey. Don't knock skirts. I wear tartans at times. When going to a scottish or irish event etc. Talk about freedom That is if you don't wear skivvies.
    Me in my Marine Corps Tartan

Dammit, Tex!!! Now I'm gonna have to make a new kilt...
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Our company says no shorts, no sandals, business casual. Fridays are jeans but they still need to be jeans in good repair and a decent shirt. The ladies wear sandals, moccasins, tshirts that pass as some kind of blouse, capri pants, lycra/spandex pants with a long tshirt, etc. One day a guy on jeans day wore a tshirt that was old and a little ragged. They had him change it out. Ladies... never get talked to.
    Wear a good Tartan. That will fix em.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Our company says no shorts, no sandals, business casual. Fridays are jeans but they still need to be jeans in good repair and a decent shirt. The ladies wear sandals, moccasins, tshirts that pass as some kind of blouse, capri pants, lycra/spandex pants with a long tshirt, etc. One day a guy on jeans day wore a tshirt that was old and a little ragged. They had him change it out. Ladies... never get talked to.
    So wear what the ladies wear like the train guys and see how that goes. And post pics.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.