Home General Discussion
Options

Camacho Triple Maduro age/rest

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
I got a few Camacho triple mads and since they are apparently one of the best maduros out there i want to see what everyone's feeling is on how long you should age them/let them rest.

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my first one of these about a week ago. It seemed a little bitter to me, I liked it, but the bitterness built more than I would have expected. I'm not usually one to say "these need age", but in this case, I suspect it will be a much better cigar in about a year, maybe two. JMO.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    I had my first one of these about a week ago. It seemed a little bitter to me, more than I expected. I'm not usually one to say "these need age", but in this case, I suspect it will be a much better cigar in about a year, maybe two. JMO.
    ......year or two? Wow
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so, on this one. I'd definetely try it every couple months, if I had a bunch of them. I think it will continue to improve for quite some time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Got five from BandyT that have a year on them when I received them last month I am trying to hold onto them for 18 months at least.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Mine are ready to smoke after 2 months. Saving for a herf on a Golf trip to Minneysotie !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first one I smoked had about 10 months on it and it was fantastic. I had another couple slightly younger and they are still phenominal just not quiiite as smooth. They are one of my favorites now. Be sure and drybox a little!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Good to hear all the differing opinions.....i only have 2 at this moment so aging for a year is probably out of the question.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    One of my favorite maddies....I smoke a lot of these and I don't smoke any of them with less than a year of rest. JMHO
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Good to hear all the differing opinions.....i only have 2 at this moment so aging for a year is probably out of the question.
    Yup. A year? You could be dead next week.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    What is a recommended vitola? I've never had this and today's DD robusto looks like a pretty damn good deal.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I love this cigar.... I have had them ROTT and with only 2 weeks rest on them and they are just yummy.... Aging would most likely improve the flavor but i couldn't wait much and just smoked them up..
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 20 or so put away in my aging cooler maybe 2 years now. Guess I need to the one and se how they are doing. Today's deal is about as cheap as I have ever seen these sticks. I would suggest buying a couple 10 packs...put them away...and forget about them for a couple years.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    So far I like them in the 2-4 year range. I don't think I've ever smoked one younger than 2. I'm not a huge maduro smoker, so I tend to ignore them for a long time, but I do like these. I also tend to let most Camacho cigars sit for at least 6 months to a year before smoking them. They'd probably be fine with less than that though.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    gripnrip:
    What is a recommended vitola? I've never had this and today's DD robusto looks like a pretty damn good deal.
    The Camacho 3M is absolutely my favorite maduro. I prefer the 11/18 or the robusto.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next year you need to start a thread.... "I smoked a year old CTM" 1 Year is a great start.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Next year you need to start a thread.... "I smoked a year old CTM" 1 Year is a great start.
    A little birdie told me he might be able to do that in a couple days....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    True...so why have a refrigerator...or bank accounts...or anything for that matter? We all look to the future which is why our mindsets are like they are. If we truly felt that waiting for anything didn't matter we'd live a very different lifestyle. I have boxes of CC's that are in deep hibernation and I have hopes of letting them stay that way for another few years and then I'll smoke em up.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    True...so why have a refrigerator...or bank accounts...or anything for that matter? We all look to the future which is why our mindsets are like they are. If we truly felt that waiting for anything didn't matter we'd live a very different lifestyle. I have boxes of CC's that are in deep hibernation and I have hopes of letting them stay that way for another few years and then I'll smoke em up.
    I don't won't to get deep here, but it's an American mindset. Why should I sit on something for five years when I can pay someone else to do it?If you gave me a box of 5 Vegas and said "Let these sit in your humi for five years and I'll pay you $300". No problem.My personal feeling is, I've never smoked a cigar and said "Man, this will be great in a year." If I ever do, then I have no problem sitting on a box.
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    curtpick:
    Mine are ready to smoke after 2 months. Saving for a herf on a Golf trip to Minneysotie !

Did you say Minneysotie? Everyone knows it is really Minnasoda..... When and where?
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options
    Thanks-think I'll put 5 of each on my next order to The Beard.
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    gripnrip:
    The Camacho 3M is absolutely my favorite maduro. I prefer the 11/18 or the robusto.
    Meant that last post to go here....thanks again!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just smoked one eith 2 years on it...fantastic cigar.
  • Options
    There are no rules to cigars...it's subjective and what is good for one person may not be so for another...it's never absolute when it comes to cigars and those who love them. At best it's people discussing options or what one found that works for them that may work for another. I agree with you that it's more of a mindset and depending on the early training it gets practiced over a lifetime. When a person has a lot of cigars over time they develop a taste for "rested/aged" cigars because they have tasted/tried them over that time frame and have invested their time and money for this...unlike those who just want to smoke them now who don't have the experience of knowing what they are like over a period of time. At the end of the day it's about what one enjoys with a cigar...rested/aged/current...