Home General Discussion

Do you ever have this problem?

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
Let me set the stage. My kids are gone for a whole week. My wife works all day, full-time. Until my new job officially starts on July 1, I'm only working some part-time hours.

Right now, I have nothing to do and would love to sit back and smoke a cigar, but I need to leave for a meeting in about an hour where the smell of the smoke would not be appreciated. Since this meeting is with some important contacts for the new job, I can't in good conscience light up.

I could have a quick 20 minute smoke and then shower before I leave, I suppose. What would you do, light it up or no? Do you have some trick to "freshen up" after a good cigar if it's necessary?
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wait till another day. I don't like being rushed when I smoke.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Soap, Water for the body.
    But your breath will reek.
    Just sayin. You can scrub your teeth , gargle, spit, repeat.. but its a stogie...
    My job, or a cigar... easy decision.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I would not smoke the cigar first. Prepare for your meeting, kick azz at the meeting, then come home and smoke a cigar at your pace knowing you did a job well done. Good luck at the meeting.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Just sayin. You can scrub your teeth , gargle, spit, repeat.. but its a stogie...
    Duh..cigars. Hah.I just had an issue, too. My wife is sleeping because she works tonight. I get my son up and take him outside to play. Light up a forum blend. After about five minutes he's ready to go back in. AHH! So now he's watching TV and I'm running back and forth, smoking and making sure he is not getting in to anything or waking his mom up.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this problem too... 45 min to boot. Smoke or no??? I usually wait. I have tried rushing a cigar before and it's never satisfying. Best to smoke at your own pace and enjoy!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Yep, been there a bunch. I just skip it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    You can always smoke after the meeting but if you really want the cigar then take your shower and use good soap, shampoo and a tongue scraper. I have a really good one that works great...the wife can't even tell I've smoked a cigar and she has the nose of a bloodhound. Here's the truth...most bad breath can be traced back to all of the bacteria on the tongue because that is where it sits and then your tongue just pushes around the bacteria in the rest of your mouth. Non alcohol mouthwash is necessary as the alcohol in mouthwash only hides the smell for a bit and then comes right back. Here is a link for the scraper..incidentally the reason I found out about these is because the manufacturer of these made them for dogs and the suckers work. I have a dog that had the breath of a dead buffalo and thought that there was nothing that would work..we tried everything on the market and nothing worked. When we bought this for our dog it comes with a liquid that dogs love and they will sit there and lick this stuff for a long time thereby cleaning their tongue of all bacteria and within a weeks time my dog has the breath of a healthy dog..amazing. When I ordered the stuff for the dogs they included some for humans and since I have used it my wife thinks that I have decreased my use of smoking cigars...as long as she thinks this...why would I tell her what the reality is? http://www.amazon.com/Orabrush-Tongue-Cleaner-4-Count/dp/B0045IZ9Z4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371516593&sr=8-5&keywords=tongue+scrapers
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I ended up not smoking it. I'd had a cigar earlier, but it didn't work out (see my reviews) and I wanted to have a good experience.

My meeting went great. I got there early (way early) and was relaxed. Got to know one of the guys I was meeting with a little and played the "It's a small world, so you know who I know?" game while we waited on the others to show. The half hour meeting (yeah right, I planned for an hour) wound up being two. And I was exhausted when I got home. But my wife had made dinner (didn't wait on me though, she thought the meeting was only going to be 30 minutes.) So, I ate some good fajitas. Then we just had a pleasant evening together with no kids around.

I've heard of tongue cleaners before, might have to try one.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it all worked out. When a meeting like that stretches out its a good sign, I doubt it would have taken them long if they weren't interested in you. Good call on not smoking beforehand.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    curtpick:
    Duh..cigars. Hah.I just had an issue, too. My wife is sleeping because she works tonight. I get my son up and take him outside to play. Light up a forum blend. After about five minutes he's ready to go back in. AHH! So now he's watching TV and I'm running back and forth, smoking and making sure he is not getting in to anything or waking his mom up.
    This happens to me every saturday morning.. Son is like i wanna go outside.. cool i can light up.. 3 puffs in. He is done outside.. lol